Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Too much wheelspin, advice please? :-(

JayJay93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 S2
So i done a lot of searches before i ripped this up and couldnt find anything that was all that helpful or to solve my problem. Recently purchased myself a g tech and went for my first 0-100 time. My car is a vn v6 wagon on superlows, fat 18s all round fronts 40 psi and rears 38 psi (different brand of tyres), pacemakers, 2.5 redback, 2.5 hi flow 100 cell cat, 70mm throttle body, bellmouth gone, CAI across radiator with k and n, msd coils, 10mm top gun leads, mace memcal ( which im not sure done anything :-S, any info on these??), engine oil flush and radiator flush like 5k kms ago and 82 degree thermostat and a few others i think ive missed. Recently bought car and it had been sitting for about 2-3 years prior to that, getting tranny serviced real soon as its in need (does auto tranny majorly affect power output?). Anyways back to my story, went to run first 0-100 and stalled it up to 1.8-2 grand, go, friggin wheelspin all the way up to 40-50kms. Does it every time ( with or without stall up) with a final result of like 9 - 9.2 secs, once its on the ground it thros me back and its awesome but yeah you get the drift anywhere aorund 9 sec pass is ****!! and if i dont accelerate hard to keep it down, pass is still ****. Before my old vp wagon got stolen and raped, it was running a 7.7 -7.8, same mods and my old car had a much more tired engine, stock 15s (less traction in theory) and neither cars had an lsd but my old car would stick to the ground on take offs with substantial power load. WTF is going on? are my 18s on the back which are some rando brand, **** and just dont grip? and should i be racking up wheelspin through most of 1st ona stand still. Also the car is not a POS its got one of the most quiet engines ive heard on a vn and compression ratios are all good. Any advice welcome cheers,

Jay

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
Put some decent quality 15s on the back and you will notice a difference. Or upgrade the 18s. At the end of the day you need an LSD for obvious reasons.

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
And on a serious note as above with 18's and those higher pressures you are going to get more wheelspin, a quick fix would be to lower your tyre pressure to approx 30 pounds or less, that should improve your grip levels

JayJay93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 S2
yeah well im aware of that, so maybe its just the tyres that are up **** creek, i just couldnt get my head around why the rear tyres get spat so easily. And i guess ill get rid of some psi aswell untill i upgrade.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
My VR V6 which has pretty much the same engine went from boring to wheel spin on heavy take off after a Mace memcal.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
So i done a lot of searches before i ripped this up and couldnt find anything that was all that helpful or to solve my problem. Recently purchased myself a g tech and went for my first 0-100 time. My car is a vn v6 wagon on superlows, fat 18s all round fronts 40 psi and rears 38 psi (different brand of tyres), pacemakers, 2.5 redback, 2.5 hi flow 100 cell cat, 70mm throttle body, bellmouth gone, CAI across radiator with k and n, msd coils, 10mm top gun leads, mace memcal ( which im not sure done anything :-S, any info on these??), engine oil flush and radiator flush like 5k kms ago and 82 degree thermostat and a few others i think ive missed. Recently bought car and it had been sitting for about 2-3 years prior to that, getting tranny serviced real soon as its in need (does auto tranny majorly affect power output?). Anyways back to my story, went to run first 0-100 and stalled it up to 1.8-2 grand, go, friggin wheelspin all the way up to 40-50kms. Does it every time ( with or without stall up) with a final result of like 9 - 9.2 secs, once its on the ground it thros me back and its awesome but yeah you get the drift anywhere aorund 9 sec pass is ****!! and if i dont accelerate hard to keep it down, pass is still ****. Before my old vp wagon got stolen and raped, it was running a 7.7 -7.8, same mods and my old car had a much more tired engine, stock 15s (less traction in theory) and neither cars had an lsd but my old car would stick to the ground on take offs with substantial power load. WTF is going on? are my 18s on the back which are some rando brand, **** and just dont grip? and should i be racking up wheelspin through most of 1st ona stand still. Also the car is not a POS its got one of the most quiet engines ive heard on a vn and compression ratios are all good. Any advice welcome cheers,

Jay

Yes .

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The 18s are also probably a higher rotational inertia which is reducing your acceleration.

I noticed the drop in acceleration going from stock 17s to aftermarket 18s on the misuses bmw