Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tools, which ones are good?

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
Hey guys,
looking to buy some new tools. Tossing up between kinchrome and sidchrome. Looking for sockets, spanners and a few other bits and pieces.
Any one got any opinions on either brands? Open to suggestions of other brands.
Thanks in advance.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
sidchrome or snap on mate.. lifetime warrenty, for i know snap on does anyway

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
yeah snap on is a bit out my price range mate, hence looking at either sidchrome or kinchrome. Used sidchrome before with no issues, just wondering if anyone else had opinions on other brands

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
I've got an SP Racing socket set and an SP Racing spanner set. They are easily the nicest tool's I've ever used. Look awesome, tough as, lifetime warranty, and seem a lot nicer and arguably of higher quality the the Sidchrome and Kinchrome ones. They probably are more expensive though.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
I've got an SP Racing socket set and an SP Racing spanner set. They are easily the nicest tool's I've ever used. Look awesome, tough as, lifetime warranty, and seem a lot nicer and arguably of higher quality the the Sidchrome and Kinchrome ones. They probably are more expensive though.

where can you buy sp racing tools from? Will have a look at them mate.

borgie1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
xy
Got kinchrome mate and i think they are excellent , good value for money

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
cheers for the input borgie

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
If you want a ratchet that sounds like a D7 turning around on Conrete then Sidchrome is for you. If you want a ratchet that sound like a ratchet, then get Kincrome.

Go into bunnings or the like and try both side by side, thats what I did and it was an easy decision to buy Kincrome. Not sure if some punk put snad in the Sidcrome ratchet but it felt and sounded **** house.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
I have both Kinchrome and Sidcrome and I rate my Sidchrome set higher then the Kinny's. I had a mate borrow my 3/8th ratchet which he used on a wheel nut (dopey). After standing on the ratchet it broke, so I just took it back into bunnings and they gave me a new one with no recept and no questions asked. Lifetime warranty

Kincrome=7/10

Sidcrome=8/10

But on a side note, the only bad point I can find with the Sidchrome is you can sometimes find a false neutral from switching between L & R.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
most of my personal tools are snap-on that i have bought over the last 17 years, great tools but the only reason i buy them is you can pay them off.
the tolls in our work shop are mainly total tools and they have had a very hard life for over 8 years now and appart from breaking a breaker bar and a swivel socket (through abuse) i have not got a problem with them except the laser etched sizing on the spanners have worn off and are hard to see. i think most of the brands mentioned above are good, if you look after them and dont abuse them and only use them now and again you shouldnt have a problem.