Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tools, which ones are good?

Davidcoolaye

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
I bought a SP roll cab and top box tool box full for $1700 about a year ago, I think it was 320pc set or close to it by memory. Me being an apprentice I'm not the most... experienced with tools so they haven't had the best life, Never once had an issue with them, great tools, they feel solid and have life time warranty. I'd definitely consider SP tools mate.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Same here. No worries.

Maybe they build them stronger in brisbane?

Nah, us QLD guys just know how to handle tools better. Heck knows we get enough practice at State of Origin time.

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
Nah, us QLD guys just know how to handle tools better. Heck knows we get enough practice at State of Origin time.

c'mon man, go easy of the maroons, no need to call them tools :p

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
c'mon man, go easy of the maroons, no need to call them tools :p

LOL. The maroons are tools of war, the blues are a bunch of **** tools.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
ah well all tools got a work out last saturday, replaced a strut for a mate, no issues at all with any of them :)

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
im of the opinion that if a tool is german made, its gunna be good, their tools outlast any other brands, including snap-on, which ive never been a fan of

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Just to throw a spanner in the works (hehe)

Ive heard good things from T&E tools, apparently they're just re-stamped sidcrome..

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
the specialest tools eg tourqe wrenches because they have been known to de-calibrate dont work as well.

best thing to do is find out wat tools u like and feel comfertable using.
Best advice on here. I bought a K Mart socket set when I got my firs car about 200 years ago. I thrashed it and did all my own work and servicing. Not really heavy duty stuff though. It lasted for years. Worst thing is the sockets wear out.
My bro has been in the trade all his life and found that Repco tools were the easiest to use due to their length. Unless you are using tools every day in a trade situation any of the brands that have been mentioned would suffice.

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
a mate who worked in a mechanic shop has a kinchrome kit, used every day for years and never broke anything. i bought a stanley 1/2 drive socket and spanner set from superheap not long ago. no complaints so far.

speaking of supercheap i've bought a cheapo pop rivet gun, drill, sander, angle grinder etc off them in the past. yeah its cheap junk but i definately got my moneys worth out of them