Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

top gear

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
If the austrailan version is going to be all about falcodores its going to tire very quickly. It will need to be entertaining and different to anything Australia has produced before to succeed.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Anyway it will not be as good or as funny as the original (Depends on who is chosen as host here) top gear because they have fantastic hosts and very funny too.

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
the pommie hosts are great - Jeremy Clarkson i dont think can be replicated, but hopefully we can beat them like we do in cricket, lol

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Like any aussie show is going to have the balls to do what Top Gear does. No caravans for us :p

I doubt we will have the same quality or magnitude of cars either, because manufacturers will be less likely to lend cars to the Australian version and I dont even think Holden, Ford, Toyota or Mitsubishi will be very forthcoming.

Plus, all the do-gooders that have nothing better to do than complain about the ads put on tele by some car manufacturers... Imagine what they will be saying about an Australian tv show like Top Gear.

It will just be a watered down, pussy version of the original in my opinion.

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
^^
Agreed. They would never get away with doing the stuff they do on Top Gear here. They drive on public roads FAST (god forbid). The whinging minority in this country is ruining it for all us normal people. They cant even show anything remotely entertaining here or the whingers bleat about how everyone will start copying it and society will fall down. What a load of BS.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
While I find the characters and trips/exploits in top gear amusing and interesting I do believe criticism of it here for encouraging “hoon” behaviour on our roads is justified .
The episodes, such as where they race two high performance cars( I think one episode had BMW versus AUDI) around a race track trying to catch each other are especially irresponsible. Not wearing crash helmets, and lots of “yea/hahs” and adolescent shrieks showing how much fun they were having. Does anyone care which was 2 secs faster around the track and are we going to believe that with different drivers at the wheel that the same results would be achievable. This entertainment shouldn’t be available to anyone under 40 years old), as I write I can hear hoon trying to lay some rubber.......There will be hoons pitting their cars against each other all over this country aiming to have similar fun to the guys on top gear……and it wont be on closed race tracks. No, top gear is not totally responsible for this behaviour, though Ill wager money every motoring hoon in this country watches the show and it’s the only time their tv will ever be tuned to SBS other than to try and catch a late night foreign nudy film

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
While I find the characters and trips/exploits in top gear amusing and interesting I do believe criticism of it here for encouraging “hoon” behaviour on our roads is justified .
The episodes, such as where they race two high performance cars( I think one episode had BMW versus AUDI) around a race track trying to catch each other are especially irresponsible. Not wearing crash helmets, and lots of “yea/hahs” and adolescent shrieks showing how much fun they were having. Does anyone care which was 2 secs faster around the track and are we going to believe that with different drivers at the wheel that the same results would be achievable. This entertainment shouldn’t be available to anyone under 40 years old), as I write I can hear hoon trying to lay some rubber.......There will be hoons pitting their cars against each other all over this country aiming to have similar fun to the guys on top gear……and it wont be on closed race tracks. No, top gear is not totally responsible for this behaviour, though Ill wager money every motoring hoon in this country watches the show and it’s the only time their tv will ever be tuned to SBS other than to try and catch a late night foreign nudy film

Sorry but that is one of the stupidest posts i have seen in a while.

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
commsirac said:

^^^ See what I mean. Hooning has existed for DECADES its not a recent phenomenon caused by the media. The problem is somewhat exacerbated by cars being a lot more powerful than in the past but is not going to cease by killing off any hooning portrayed in the media. Older people used to do a lot worse than the kids today are doing, ive heard from older people in there 40's and 50's about how they used to get into pursuits with police and how they lost there licence half a dozen times and these arent isolated incidents either as nearly all the older people I work with have lost their licence when they were younger and it would of been harder to lose your licence at that time too as they didnt have automatic disqualifications back then or speed cameras or RBT's or as many cops on the road. These problems will ALWAYS EXIST it doesnt matter how hard you try to get rid of it. I almost got wiped out by one tonight doing fishtails behind me and almost slamming into the back of my car but I just let it go, my whinging about it isnt going to stop it, just make life more difficult for those who obey the law. Creating new laws has no effect on those who have no regard for them.