Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

torque input warning "WTF"

tigersrule

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina
Hi all, i have a 2005 vz sv6 which is turning into a son of a bitch. since christmas i have had to replace a ignition key lock barrel "not that hard", a thermostat "bloody hard job i wouldn't wish on my worst enemy" & now i have another problem. I left the engine covers off the motor after the thermostat change to keep a eye out for any water leaks. Last sunday i put the engine covers back on the motor since no leaks had occurred. My girlfriend then went to go for a drive & what happens, the damn thing went into safety mode. She rang the racv & they put a obII scanner on it, he said it had a check engine light torque input warning alert & to tow it to a holden dealer for repair. Does anyone have a idea of whats going on?

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
not exactly sure what would be going on with torque input warning but i would be having a little read about the 5L40-E as it just may have something to do with the fact that those particular autos were only rated to handle 340 N·m of torque
your VZ should have the 5L50-E but it may not if it does then you may just have a faulty auto

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Commodore engine fault codes can result from a myriad of sources not (obviously) directly related to the code that is being displayed. Suggest you find an ethical and competent Mechanic with a decent Scanner and get them to check your system. If their scanner is half decent it should also be quite specific as to the true source of said problem. If you intend to scan yourself make sure that your clear all Error Faults before commencing further scans otherwise results can be misleading and confusing. Good luck.