Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Touch Up Paint VS Commodore Series 2 S Pack

Nathaniel_P

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Commodore S
I have just recently purchased a VS Commodore Series 2 S Pack, but the car came with a couple of scuffs and a little chipped paint (no dents or panel damage) around the edges of the rear bumper and around the side of the front bumper and edge of the front right quarter panel, they're not huge but I still want to cover them, I just need to know if you can still get touch up paint for the black/dark dark green that it came in? Cheers :)

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Any car painter worth his or her salt , can supply bottles of touch up paint , I suggest paying one a visit .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Hi
you will need a paint code its on one of the id plates under the hood...autobahn do a paint mix service but they only mix to the paint code,this always tends to be a tad darker due to fade on the orig paint (metallic's are a pain to get right) what I do is get a smaller tin of the lightest color in the mix then use that to tone the color down in small amounts,but remember that the color tends to be darker when its wet and will lighten as it dries...

Nathaniel_P

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Commodore S
No worries cheers guys I'll check both out, you wouldn't happen to know how much that would set me back roughly?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Well , I got a bottle of phantom black for my VZ , for about $15 NZ , but its not a big bottle , maybe the size of a white out bottle .

Eggy995

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 3.8L Ecotec VS Commodore S
the colour of paint is panther Mica by the way, My VS SPac has the same colour

Nathaniel_P

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Commodore S
Cheers mate, just checked the paint code K009, for a full touch up kit I'll be looking at about $100, I can deal with that,, they're beautiful cars, I got her as my first car and it was love at first sight aha

Eggy995

Reaction score
Members Ride
for real Nath?? Autobarn for the mix or somewhere else cause i need to repaint my front bar :p, same as me i love my S pack <3 was the families car in starting from 08 and i was 10 and she needed repairs before we could take her and i cried that we couldnt take her home

Nathaniel_P

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Commodore S
I got the quote through an online retailer, but I'll check autobarn. I got a really good deal with my spack, 1 owner for 17 years , in almost immaculate condition, the only work needing done is the brakes, brake rotors, spark plugs and spark leads, plus the touch up on the paint.

Eggy995

Reaction score
Members Ride
noiiice, yea i gotta do the centre rear roof trim, brakes, brake rotors, drivers side window and the paint job