Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tough new laws increase penalties for dangerous drivers

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
but the thing was .... there was 2 lanes of flowing traffic .... there was no merging ?!?! i was on the lane closest to the island and he was closest to the parked cars and came across on me .....

but if what your saying is right ... if i had of had a accident with the BMW driver after he cut me off sent me into the island and into oncomming traffic ... im at fault for not giving way ?

He was changing lanes, he was at fault. Unless the 2 lanes were merging (2 lanes down to 1) you were not at fault.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Does it not make more logical sense to just slow down 2km to let someone in and avoid an accident though?

I wasn't suggesting you were being a twit either mate, You just didn't give particulars. :)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Does it not make more logical sense to just slow down 2km to let someone in and avoid an accident though?

I use 2 rules for this, Rule 1, if the car needing to change lanes has sped up beside others in the hope of making up 1-2 places on the road, I refuse to let them in as per the road rules, if they want to hit me, well fine, I don't mind, they have insurance and if they do not, I do, for which they will be sued to recover money to my insurer. Funnily enough, no one has hit me yet. For the record, I do not alter speeds, if they can get in speeding, good on them, I want make allowances of rinpatient wankers :p
My 2nd rule is, if car is in lane and indicates to move over, I will slow down and let them in.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, there's ########s everywhere.

Which is my whole arguement with "hoons". They're punishing one small spectrum of bad drivers. It's rediculous.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I use 2 rules for this, Rule 1, if the car needing to change lanes has sped up beside others in the hope of making up 1-2 places on the road, I refuse to let them in as per the road rules, if they want to hit me, well fine, I don't mind, they have insurance and if they do not, I do, for which they will be sued to recover money to my insurer. Funnily enough, no one has hit me yet. For the record, I do not alter speeds, if they can get in speeding, good on them, I want make allowances of rinpatient wankers :p
My 2nd rule is, if car is in lane and indicates to move over, I will slow down and let them in.

Basically my rules too. Everyone has to merge, why bother trying to gain 2 spots when it just disrupts the flow. So much easier every 'car' letting one car in, and both lanes move at the same speed.

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Actually... you know i think that theres a law about not altering speeds when being overtaken ? Maybe it's illegal to slow down to let them in :p

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
If it is, who cares. I'd slow down to avoid an accident any day, versus not and having an accident just on princible.