Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Towbar options & pricing

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
Hey guys, anyone here with a SV6 or SS and a towbar fitted? I'm interested to hear if the installer put on a strip around the cutout in the rear diffuser to make it look better?

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
I got my Sportswagon done by Carasel towbars at Moorebank. It cost me $350 fitted with a flat 7-pin outlet. Rated for 1600kg capacity. They do have one that is heavy duty 2100kg but it will cost a bit more,not sure of the price. They were the cheapest I could find in the south-west sydney area by a long way.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I paid $600 through a Holden dealer for the heavy duty towbar (2100kg), whilst there might have been a better deal out there the savings wouldn't be worth as suspension, diff etc you could bet your bottom dollar come warranty claims they'll be knocked on the head due to having a non genuine towbar.

neevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon SV6
I got my Sportswagon done by Carasel towbars at Moorebank. It cost me $350 fitted with a flat 7-pin outlet. Rated for 1600kg capacity. They do have one that is heavy duty 2100kg but it will cost a bit more,not sure of the price. They were the cheapest I could find in the south-west sydney area by a long way.

Awesome!!! Just gave them a call, $345, they have them in stock, 1.5 hours to fit.

Beats the crap out of $660 with Holden.

vefire

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 sportwagon
Awesome!!! Just gave them a call, $345, they have them in stock, 1.5 hours to fit.

Beats the crap out of $660 with Holden.

Hi i just picked up my VE wagon and the jobs to do are tinting and towbar

ive read a few post and it looks klike Carasels are the go im interested in the finish, read whilst holden more expensive finish is btr.

any thoughts

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
I got mine thrown @ no charge when we got the VE SS V wagon - I call it our insurance policy - anyone who follows to close up my arse will pay with dire consequences if it does hit us !

seasmi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
I'd call it more of an insurance against people bump parking than crash insurance. I helped install ours and although the mounting points are reasonable compared to previous models, they're no 4X4 structurally. I've had a toyota sedan write itself off on our rear towbar of our Hilux without without damaging it but I can assure you I fear someone rear ending me in the Sportwagon even at low speed.

neevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon SV6
Hi i just picked up my VE wagon and the jobs to do are tinting and towbar

ive read a few post and it looks klike Carasels are the go im interested in the finish, read whilst holden more expensive finish is btr.

any thoughts

The Carasel one is just a tongue style (cannot remove it). Looks quite clean and simple and the finish is nice and neat. Some would say the lack of a big receiving box section would be a bit neater, but I suppose its each to their own.

I am a bit of a neatness fanatic and it certainly doesn't bother me. Just need to understand if you need to be able to remove the towbar, if you do then you will have to go with someone else but pay more than $300.