Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Towbar with GXP diffuser

TurboMike

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I have a G8 GT with a GXP diffuser (I'm in the US). I'm about to order a towbar from Australia and ship it over, but I'm not sure which Escutcheon (the trim that goes in the hole you cut in the diffuser) to order.

There are three Holden part numbers for "REAR FASCIA ESCUTCHEON - TOWBAR" and I know one is for the SSV which uses the same diffuser as the G8 GT. My GXP diffuser has the cutout to cut the hole, but I dont think any VEs in Aust came with the GXP diffuser. Anyway here are the three part numbers I was wondering if anyone knew which was for what diffuser: 92186340, 92186336, 92186338

peterrobo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Calais 190kw
Simple answer. Buy the three of them - then sell the ones that don't fit on eBay.

TurboMike

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Good idea, but simple answer has complex reality:

Cant sell on US ebay because nobody in the US has a Holden hitch that goes through the diffuser. Only hitch you can get here is a class 1 1200lbs (540kg for you mates) that goes under the diffuser and bolts under the frame. Thats why I'm getting a real hitch from your side of the ocean. And selling them on Aust Ebay wouldnt be worth it because it would cost more to ship back than what I could sell it for.

I think I'll get all three and toss the other two in the garbage. Unfortunate but probably easier/cheaper than ordering one at a time and shipping overseas.

The real shame is there are Holden and Hayman hitches (oops TOWBARS) on Aust ebay for $150 but nobody will ship it to me. Shipping would be like $300 and a pain to wrap it up and bring it to a shipping agent. But I have to pay $400 for a new one plus shipping because they're the only ones who will ship something 3 feet long and 100lbs overseas. (oops I mean 1 meter and 45kg!) :)

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
I fitted a GXP diffuser to my sportswagon. I dont think holden sell a Escutcheon for it as the diffuser isnt used on any of our cars.

I just cut out a really neat hole in the diffuser for the 1600mm hitch and it looks perfect.

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
Nope, only the hsv gxp got it (and the american rear bar too).