Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

toyota

3800_man

yeah iv heard the lexcens were better because, everytime holden would make a commodore, toyota would copy it identically and take out the faults, so they would alway be released like a few months later, but have othe **** fixed, up, but neways, lucky for me my favorite car is a toyota supra, or a holdn commodore, so i geuss im getting the best of both my dream worlds lol, thanks guys

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Lexcen was stopped in the vr/vs era... I've seen vr/vs lexcens floating around.

MT269U

[LOLIFE]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
why not jus buy a commodore

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Commodores are more expensive than their Lexcen equivalent because alot of people do see them as a try hard commodore. As everyone else says, badge it as a Holden because thats what it is. If you badge it as one, it'd be as good as any other in my books. If its badged as a Toyota or a Chevvy, then its a try hard commodore.

That goes for all the VY owners etc. out there putting Chev badges on their Holdens. I even saw a VT clubsport parked in town the other day with chev badges all over the outside. What is wrong with you ppl? Take pride in owning a Holden! dont wish it was something else!

[JUDGE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Black Vz R8 HSV Clubsport 297kw Gen IV M6
when i was looking for my car, i saw heaps of toyota lexan Vr and Vs look alikes, i ran up to one and said i want this, dads said whats that i said a vs durr...looked at the rear and it said lexan i was like wtf...but yea i seen alot of em around..

3800_man

yeah, really they ahve the same engine, gearbox, diff, all same interor, the only differece is the badges, grill, and bumbers, no different really, and who would pass up how much i got more for, if i said a series 2 48 vn calais 12 months rego 2600 , you wouldnt say no

Mr Squiggle

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rocket
The Lexcens also have way more modern mud flaps and some extra rubber moulds on the body and are better optioned, They came with a 5? year warrenty and cost about 5 grand more than a Commodore when new.

They are worth more as far as insurance companies are concered (about 2 grand more) and cost much less to insure so 3800_man you are the one that made the smart buy, pity the Commodore owners and be proud of your "Toyota", I don't see Holden running a F1 team anytime soon :)