Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tps signal wire low volts

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Hey guys.

Engine light comes on, idles at 1500rpm. DTC reads code 22. 416=reads5v. earth has resistance. 417blue = reads 0.03 volts on the connection and after the wire.....

I have a new tps waiting....... the scantool wont clear it with the older tps so im gathering its the wire....

Hitting the throttle doesnt change the volts on 417blue when using a meter..

bowsaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs series 1
My idle was high, scan tool said it was 10% open, replaced it and back to normal.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Should the throttle be open when tps is installed? im still getting the same issue on the tool and adld is reading 0.02volts with new tps.

this 30deg install both ways has me buggered if thats why its still has the engine light come on .....

I even tried the 10second 2000rpm trick, no luck.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
The TPS is slightly turned on installation, the Input is 5v and the operating range is .25v closed to approx 4v full throttle, either side of that is out of range and will throw a code. The earth should be less then .1 of an ohm resistance to ground.

Test the voltage going into plug C7 on the PCM (from a VX manual) , if its out side that range the sensor has failed or the wiring has a fault somewhere between the PCM and sensor.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
The TPS is slightly turned on installation, the Input is 5v and the operating range is .25v closed to approx 4v full throttle, either side of that is out of range and will throw a code. The earth should be less then .1 of an ohm resistance to ground.

Test the voltage going into plug C7 on the PCM (from a VX manual) , if its out side that range the sensor has failed or the wiring has a fault somewhere between the PCM and sensor.

Thanks mate I'll adjust and test the wiring.

New TPS is in so I'm thinking I didn't adjust it correctly or the wiring is the answer.....

I'm seriously thinking about swapping the loom with the spare loom I have.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Make sure the drive in the throttle body has the little plastic cup over the top, without it the sensor doesnt get that little turn when you line up the screws.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Make sure the drive in the throttle body has the little plastic cup over the top, without it the sensor doesnt get that little turn when you line up the screws.

cheers brother fixed!! :D :D :D