Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tps

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Hey all

A question for those well VL versed - im actually stuck.

The Throttle Position Sensor has three wires. All the wiring diagrams I can find show one of these wires (blue/yellow i think from memory) going to the Auto gearbox computer.

But my car is a manual.

And on inspection, theres an additional three wires on the automatic TPS, that appears in none of my wiring diagrams!!

The wire i speak of is the only one I can't find continuity on. Im trying to diagnose a fault, the ECU keeps tellin me TPS. Tried another TPS and its no diff, the wiring check has now brought about this wild goose chase.

So can someone please clarify the wiring of the TPS? Does the 3rd wire I speak of go to the ECU? I think some of my issues stem from my engine being an RB20 - it seems theres a couple of differences in the ECU wiring and Loom which makes fault diagnosis a multi day ordeal :ranting:

Cheers

Mike

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Disregard!!

Well after further investigation, I can lay all blame for my cars poor running with the shop I got to do the exhaust studs. They managed to crack two spark plugs, and in replacing the CAS (which I told them had already been replaced, but they replaced it anyway) they installed in backwards (god knows how!!) and damaged the capacitor!!

:flame: BASTARDS!!! :ranting:

Ah well, she's safe in my care again. Mike knows whats best for th'Dang.