Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trac Off lighting up when air conditioner turned on.

craigy09

Reaction score
I have a weird problem with my series 1 vt calais. When i turn my air conditioner on the Trac Off light seems to come on aswell. I cant turn it on or off via the button once this happens. But if i don't have the air con on it seems to work just fine?

Any ideas?

SKDSLT

Reaction score
Members Ride
On the hunt!!
I had the exact same problem on my WH. Was told to replace the o2 Sensors on the exhaust. Solved it straight away!

craigy09

Reaction score
Little bit of an update... The car felt like going just past half in the heat gauge and then the Trac Off light came on again.

Would that still be the o2 sensors?

SKDSLT

Reaction score
Members Ride
On the hunt!!
What motor is it? Mine was a LS1, and it would also start to overheat, loss of power & shocking fuel economy.

SKDSLT

Reaction score
Members Ride
On the hunt!!
I didn't think WH had limp mode?

Mate said if the ABS Module is packing it in, it throws up the ABS, TRAC OFF & LOW TRAC Lights...

Best bet would be to drive it around, try get the fault to come on, and get it to someone with the Diagnostic Tool to check it. Just don't turn the car off, leave it running in the mechanics driveway or whatever, as it will give them the Fault Code. If you turn it off, it may not get logged in the ECU.