Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Track Day VE SS

davecdp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I'm getting my VE SS ready for a track day and i need tow points front and back. On my other cars there are factory points in the front bumper and hook/loop under the rear that satisfy scruteneering.

I don't have a tow bar and i can't seem to find any information or examples online. I can buy a tow loop strap but can't see anywhere behind the front or rear bumper to bolt it.

Has anyone fitted some kind of tow loop/hook to the front and rear of their VE?

Thanks,
Dave

masterpine

Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 HSV Clubsport 6.2
There's some access to the steel frame under the front bumper on the VE, I tapped a bolt and mounted a steel loop to mine so a strap can be fitted when tracking. For the back I've got a tow bar fitted so cant really help there but you could probably find a spot to do the same thing. As long as the strap is visible and stickered it'll be fine for the track, just tape it from flapping if it's a long reach to the mount.

Pics attached showing the spot below the front bumper. Could have done a neater job with the plastic but you cant see it and its certainly better than drilling a hole in the front bumper.

Attachments

• front b.jpg
    front b.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 97
  • front a.jpg
    front a.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 91

davecdp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
There's some access to the steel frame under the front bumper on the VE, I tapped a bolt and mounted a steel loop to mine so a strap can be fitted when tracking. For the back I've got a tow bar fitted so cant really help there but you could probably find a spot to do the same thing. As long as the strap is visible and stickered it'll be fine for the track, just tape it from flapping if it's a long reach to the mount.

Pics attached showing the spot below the front bumper. Could have done a neater job with the plastic but you cant see it and its certainly better than drilling a hole in the front bumper.
Thanks for that, they let me do the track day without adding any tow points this time. I'll put it up on the ramps and do something like yours, thanks again for the info.