Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

traction control button

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Why's it annoying?
I've never had a problem with it. Unless you love smoking them up at every turn then it shouldn't matter.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
juzo, there are certain circumstances when it's better to be without it than with it! Due to it cutting all power you have to get out of a situation! There is a badly designed U turn near my place, every vehicle i've been in has the rear end slide out unless you take it at like 5km/h (which being a 70km/h road is not wise). Even when i was driving a front wheel drive pulsar the rear swung out, and they've got no weight in the back! Anyways, the other night, a fair bit of rain had hit and was lightly coming down, had to use the U turn, had TC on (forgot to take it off), next thing i know it had kicked in, car still kept sliding (270 degrees) and narrowly missed a light pole! If i had power i would've been able to control the vehicle better!

jonnyturbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII SS
yeah too right!! if it's not a situation like that it can be every day stuff even in the dry where for example you are taking a gap in the traffic to turn into a street and as soon as you start turning it causes a leap frog effect and just slows you down turning a simple safe manouver into a possible near miss, which will also make ya look like bit of a drongo too hehehe.