Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction control light coming on randomly at start staying on. Help please l67

VTL67Calais

Vtl67 calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT L67 Calais blue
Hey guys the traction control light comes on when i start the car, if i stop and start it when its warm it seems to go off. Wondering what the problem is, I had a bushing nothalane crack and go through the hole and put a washer to stop it from doing it againg until i get a new bushing, also my brake braket bolt fell off and scrapped my disc so unsure if these have an effect. It does sometimes brake to the side sometimes now at higher speeds. Ill fix these but worried about traction control as im almost back in the gold coast but have a few more kms and low on cash. Cheers ps even if i press the traction control button on or off it doesnt work.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Light staying on indicates a fault is present. I'd be looking at the wheel speed sensors, they are mounted in the hubs on the front wheels and on the diff on the rear. Look for loose or damaged wiring or sensors etc.

I believe there is a way to test the ABS/traction control system for fault codes but I can't remember how or where the info is ATM.

edit, have a read through this https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/abs-error-codes.56087

Last edited:

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Legit, it's the battery when they get low or faulty the system inc ABS sensors go ape and the light comes on.