Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction Control

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
i wouldn personally replace it,

its ridiculously dangerous in traffic, wet road you try to get out infront of traffic an bang trac kicks in an no power.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
i wouldn personally replace it,

its ridiculously dangerous in traffic, wet road you try to get out infront of traffic an bang trac kicks in an no power.

What do you mean "get out infront of traffic", do you mean take off from the lights? I always leave traction control on, its a safety device and I like safety. Traction control should only engage when a wheel is about to spin. When a wheel is spinning you ain't going anywhere anyway.

I've never had a problem with traction control since I put a LSD in. Now I don't have to worry as much about accidently giving to much power in wet. 18s help too.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
What do you mean "get out infront of traffic", do you mean take off from the lights? I always leave traction control on, its a safety device and I like safety. Traction control should only engage when a wheel is about to spin. When a wheel is spinning you ain't going anywhere anyway.

I've never had a problem with traction control since I put a LSD in. Now I don't have to worry as much about accidently giving to much power in wet. 18s help too.
funny thing is that my VT that doesn't have traction control, it grips the road fairly well in wet and dry with standard bridgestone RE92's, now they arent specifically wet tyres and they arent the best tyres around but that and the large 1.6 Tonne car that it is lol..... i hardley ever had problems with loosing grip.my car has no extra's.... No traction control, ABS, LSD.... nothing...... just plain old setup 3.08 Differential setup, and an 4l60E (m30) GM Transmission