Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction Control

MY_84_VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina/VX S Pac
monkeys437 just hit the nail on the head! That's all you need, I hate traction and abs its always a shitload of hassle half the time when I brake the ####ing light comes on when theres nothing wrong with the abs system which turns traction control off automatically. When you think about it, it kinda defeats the purpose of putting abs and traction control onto a car if it doesn't even work properly!!!

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
i dont have any problems with T/C.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I have never had any issues with the T/C in my VX SS.

NV-MY-VT

Sleeper Builder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000 Olympic Edition
Admittedly, I've got a 240,000KM Ecotec VT, and I'm a P plater who has been known to trash the car from time to time. No hassles with T/C for me either.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Traction control has improved from VT to VX. I had traction control in my VT Acclaim and it was a little dangerous in some situations, however the T/C in my WH Caprice is different and much better so I am assuming that VX would be the same.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
The VT/VX's ive driven with traction control to me felt like they take away all your power rather than actually help you gain traction which is what graham7773 seems to be saying.

The only traction control I need is an LSD and a variable right foot displacement system :).

Exactly what I was saying. I also have LSD and the thing still broke traction then felt like an old suzuki running on 2 cylinders

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
monkeys437 just hit the nail on the head! That's all you need, i hate traction and abs its always a shitload of hassle half the time when i brake the ####ing light comes on when theres nothing wrong with the abs system which turns traction control off automatically. When you think about it, it kinda defeats the purpose of putting abs and traction control onto a car if it doesn't even work properly!!!

that is because your abs module is ####ed, they are not designed to do that.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I don't have any issues with my traction control either.
There is always an off button when you need it off!