Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction control

Nathan72

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 3.8
hey guys i own a stock 96 vs acclaim II...
just want to no how you can tell if it has traction control one of me mates said if u but your foot on the break and foot flat on the accelerater it won't pass 2000rpm... which i have tryed and yeh doesn't go pass 2000rpm... so does this mean i have traction control if so is their a fuse or anything u can do to turn it off :)

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
VS has no traction control. It should go past 2000rpm.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
hey guys i own a stock 96 vs acclaim II...
just want to no how you can tell if it has traction control one of me mates said if u but your foot on the break and foot flat on the accelerater it won't pass 2000rpm... which i have tryed and yeh doesn't go pass 2000rpm... so does this mean i have traction control if so is their a fuse or anything u can do to turn it off :)

No traction control on the VS. The reason it doesn't go above 2000rpm when you floor it with the brakes on is because that is the stall point of the transmission. If my understanding is correct, its like having a 2000rpm stall converter, whereas with a 3000rpm stall converter you could rev the car to 3000rpm by flooring it with the brakes on.

Not a good idea to do it too often, its a good way to overheat the transmission, and eventually kill it!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
as above. it's the torque converter. it should be able to overpower the brakes though because the torque converter does exactly that, it multiplies the torque through the first gear in the box to the wheels etc

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
traction control is by the right foot only:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Nathan72

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 3.8
oh ok it will spin the tires say on a smooth car park or wet road well anything reall just as long as the surface was slippery anothe to spin the wheels at 2000rpm... but not on try road... it has a limited slip diff and 9'' tyres do u think that has something to do with it... and what do yours do will they spin on any surface or does yours do the same

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
mines spins without using the brake on any surface, with 18's, but only 1 wheel :(

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
oh ok it will spin the tires say on a smooth car park or wet road well anything reall just as long as the surface was slippery anothe to spin the wheels at 2000rpm... but not on try road... it has a limited slip diff and 9'' tyres do u think that has something to do with it... and what do yours do will they spin on any surface or does yours do the same

the lsd and tyres would pay a big role in grip as the wider tyres have more surface area on road and lsd send power to both wheels not just one like a std live axel making it harder to spin as u have to spin bioth wheels. If u really wanted to to a burnout put stockies/std tyres on the back. Stockies + LSD = fun:D

Nathan72

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 3.8
yeh my old vs would spin to but only one wheel if i was lucky 2 would spin but the tires on them were only like 16'' by 7'' i think...