Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

traction in wet

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
mikemutlow said:
You said "the light comes on" - what light. I have never seen any light on the dash except the one that illuminates if you de-activate the TC . Could I have a fuse blown or something?

Nope just means you arent breaking traction lol

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Well on the tyre thing.. I'm going to be up for 2 rears very shortly... is anyone able to recommend a decent 16"? It doesn't need to be a high performance tyre, just something that's decent and is going to last a good while.

M

mikemutlow

Minux - I know what you are saying - however, what I meant was that there is no light (and no evidence of TC operating) even when I break traction. Obviously as soon as this occurs I normally back off straight away so I am not sure if my quick reactions are beating the TC (which I would doubt).

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
mattman said:
Well on the tyre thing.. I'm going to be up for 2 rears very shortly... is anyone able to recommend a decent 16"? It doesn't need to be a high performance tyre, just something that's decent and is going to last a good while.

Sava's are cheap and have great last, i trialled them on 19's through beaurepaire's, after 10000k's they still all looked new.

D

danwalton

mattman said:

good year eagle ventura 225/50R16
mate had these tyres on my vp, lasted ages... still good but car isnt running done prob 50000k's ay or close too.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Stimps

Reaction score
Members Ride
Old Commie
Hold ya foot flat and shut ya eye's + heaps more fun with passengers !!

Seriously , I think the guy who mentioned to check ya tyres , was a good start . The rest is obvious , dont drive agressive in the wet and have ya TC checked on a Tec2 . :thumbsup:

MANED2001

Reaction score
mikemutlow said:
Minux - I know what you are saying - however, what I meant was that there is no light (and no evidence of TC operating) even when I break traction. Obviously as soon as this occurs I normally back off straight away so I am not sure if my quick reactions are beating the TC (which I would doubt).

i'd say something is up with your traction control then.
if i hit it half way through turning on to a road in the
wet i only get the back to step out about a foot or
so before trac kicks in and i hit the steering wheel :lol:

even if i just give the car a quick stab and back straght off
the trac control comes in.

i'm just glad Holden put a lil button down there to turn
it off when needed

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah, with me even in the dry if i shift into second anything but smooth traction comes on n the guy behind me if thinkin that my brake lights down work....

So as MANED2001 said...probably go in and have your TRAC checked out.

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
He probably doesn't have traction control. It wasn't standard on VX executive's.

MANED2001

Reaction score
TigerVX said:
He probably doesn't have traction control. It wasn't standard on VX executive's.

he did make a mention of the light comes on when de activating traction control though.

the car was not an x police car was it.

i have heard that they had traction disabled all the time.
going out on a limb here though