Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission Leak

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
i've been trying to get a good look at it but it's difficult, so i degreesed it today and two other areas.., then i tapped some paper around three suspect sites, in the morning i hope the stained paper may help me pin point the exact place...,
But that wont give the h reading on a cold engine. Sounds like the oil isn't circulating. Any oil in the radiator? the cooling pipes in them could be cracked.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
But that wont give the h reading on a cold engine. Sounds like the oil isn't circulating. Any oil in the radiator? the cooling pipes in them could be cracked.
The fluid level should be checked warm.
So some fluid does return to the pan when switched off but not heaps. A lot still stays in the box. But from memory there's an extra mark on the dipstick for the cold parked level.
Yes the fluid circulates through the bottom of the radiator. There's a little heat exchanger in there.
I agree there's a lot of rip offs in the transmission industry. They think they are above the law.