Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission problems

[email protected]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
I have put a new second hand Trans into my VS ute.
It will free rev up to 3500-4000 revs in first (Granny Driving) before changing to 2nd.
If i boot off, it wont change from 1st.
When i accelerate, it will cut down to 1st no matter what speed im doing, often causing rev limiter to be used.

Help...

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Check the fluid level when hot on level ground immediately after switching the engine off. Other than that, is it possible your old trans suffered from the same or similar problem?

peninsulabands

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ SS 6.0 TUR(i)SMO
i have kind of the same problem in my vr wagon, but thats because my mate had it and didnt check the trans fluid and drove it with no fluid for a few weeks. got it serviced and everything but it will never be the same. has a big jolt changing from first to second.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Tried that, fluid red, no bubbles, over full when stopped, fine when idling. Old trans didnt die this way.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
I think you need another new second hand transmission which is usually not the best idea as it is a gamble. Get the box serviced and see if that fixes the problem. Also overfull oil can be as bad as under full.

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Sounds like its stuffed man, my autos used to do this, sounds like your second hand one was rooted.