Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission Selection Help.

Lewie

B Cast and flat topped!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Very thirsty VT & VH project under way! YAY!!
Even with an adapter I mentioned in the FIRST POST Ari?

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
not to mention the fact that turbo trans will not fit an aussie pattern... i think your block will decide for you. im pretty sure theat all VK 308's had aussie/trimatic pattern.

stock trimatics are great boxes, much lighter than turbo 400's. good for up around 300HP and rebuilt for about 400. stall converter depends on your cam. no need to change ratios in the box, just get a diff to suit the cam.

th350 fit my v8 blocks?
they came out in some hqs....

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
ari is saynig that if your block is an aussie pattern a T700 will not fit because its the wrong bolt pattern
some of the older holden blocks are turbo pattern, you CAN get them machined to suit certain patterns if you think its worth it.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
AP014

365 bucks. its not just the bracket, the spigot hole in the crank is deeper for a turbo trans, so it if yours is a trimatic, it needs to be drilled out, spaced somehow, whatever. if you wanna go through all of the expense and effort for the sake on of running a heavy and pointless trans, then by all means. go for it.

and jonno, your block was a turbo block. op was saying his is a VK 304 which is a trimatic block.

anyway nevermind. i have put in my 2c