Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission warning light on VS

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Yep, it flashed once for the "10", then a pause and flashed twice for the "2". It then did the same again 2 more times ( hope that makes sense ). I haven't disconnected the battery yet but the plot does thicken.... The car starting running a bit rough on LPG on Friday so I had to flick it over the Petrol. It's still running a bit rough on petrol but the engine light hasn't come back on again since. I'm thinking it's LPG related........

Code 12 will flash 3 times before flashing any other codes. eg

12 12 12 47 47 47 (before going back to the start again)

If you stoped the code check after the 3rd code 12 you did not give the car a chance to show the other codes.

Old Colts in Oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Bugger! As soon as it happens again I'll check the codes properly :)

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Bugger! As soon as it happens again I'll check the codes properly :)

You don't need to wait till it happens again - the codes are logged in the memory and reading them does not wipe them.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
I think that they will clear, at least from being current codes, if the fault conditions don't recur within a certain number of starts - 25(?).

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
The book says 50 starts - that's probably next payday for most people.

Old Colts in Oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Sussed it! After 3 goes at giving "12", the codes spit out 44 which is showing as one of the oxygen sensors running lean. The car does seem to run a little rougher lately and the idle while on LPG has dropped a little. So now after all this time learning about codes, any ideas what's wrong that could cause this code?

mrhotdog

What Would Jesus Do?.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
when i had my LPG system fitted i had the same problem, engine light came on after a few mins and wouldnt go away. new sensors and a retune of the LPG fixed it.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
An engine miss (ignition system) will give a code 44 sometimes. One way to isolate if it is related to an LPG tune issue is to clear the code and confirm it comes back on LPG, then on or not running on petrol.

Old Colts in Oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Hey thanks guys. I ran the car on Petty today and no light. I switched it over to gas and the light come on 5 minutes later. Looks to be an LPG issue ( yet another one since the conversion! ). Seeing petrol is so cheap I reckon I'll run it on that for a while until I get another service.

Cheers!