Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trap Door Latch Broken

WhiteVXBerlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S1
Hi,

I've got a S1 VX Berlina. The little trap door above the cigarette lighter seems to have broken its latch - it will still move up and down, but it won't stay closed. It just sags straight back down as soon as I let it go. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I've had a look through the Gregory's repair manual but couldn't seem to find anything on it.

Also, I've broken off the Volume down button on the steering wheel mounted stereo controls. Any idea where I can buy replacement buttons and how to do it?

Cheers.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
The clip inside the compartment has broken , you can buy them from your holden dealer for a couple of bucks . I think everyone on here who has a VT VX has replaced theirs at one time . There is a how to some where on this forum just do a search . You can also buy the steering wheel buttons from holden but you have to buy the complete set . The just clip on , make sure you don't loose the spring

M

mwb235

Hi,

I've got a S1 VX Berlina. The little trap door above the cigarette lighter seems to have broken its latch - it will still move up and down, but it won't stay closed. It just sags straight back down as soon as I let it go. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I've had a look through the Gregory's repair manual but couldn't seem to find anything on it.

Also, I've broken off the Volume down button on the steering wheel mounted stereo controls. Any idea where I can buy replacement buttons and how to do it?

Cheers.

If you do a search on eBay for "VT latch" you should find a couple of listings. I have also seen the s/w buttons on there from time to time.