Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trayner's Vs Ute, Manual!

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
looks pretty clean in there, i remember opening my fuel tank area up for the first time, i could have recoated the sahara desert with the red dust in there =P
it gets so dirty in there bcause there are like 2-3 holes from the ground into there, presumably for drainage. more likely for dust collection.

by the way. do you ever hear a constant "electrical whirring" while driving, which would be the fuel pump?
i only ask because it appears in the utes there is about 2 bits of thin metal seperating fuel tank area from cabin.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
looks pretty clean in there, i remember opening my fuel tank area up for the first time, i could have recoated the sahara desert with the red dust in there =P
it gets so dirty in there bcause there are like 2-3 holes from the ground into there, presumably for drainage. more likely for dust collection.

by the way. do you ever hear a constant "electrical whirring" while driving, which would be the fuel pump?
i only ask because it appears in the utes there is about 2 bits of thin metal seperating fuel tank area from cabin.

cheers man , yeh was tones of red dust and that so got the old water and sponge out lol , yeh going to plug them up somehow or something I think so water doesnt get onto the subs and into the cabin lol.

nah not that ive noticed about the whirring , but havent really been listening to the fuel pump and such lol . haha, where's your thread on your ute man ? ????? get one up asap !

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
nah not that ive noticed about the whirring , but havent really been listening to the fuel pump and such lol . haha, where's your thread on your ute man ? ????? get one up asap !

one day if photos are ever taken.
youll just have to wait until cardinia =P

SP00KSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE, HT MONARO REBUILD
Love how the ute is coming along Trayner, i might have to take you VX seat styling if i find a good set for the right price. lol
Drawnnite i have noticed the whining from the fuel pump in my ute as well, dunno if thats how they were stock but its there.

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
one day if photos are ever taken.
youll just have to wait until cardinia =P
yeh haha i will have to wait , shame my ute wont be on the road by then :( will be done for the next meet up thou, will just have to take the white vs to the dam lol

Love how the ute is coming along Trayner, i might have to take you VX seat styling if i find a good set for the right price. lol
Drawnnite i have noticed the whining from the fuel pump in my ute as well, dunno if thats how they were stock but its there.

cheers mate , yeh the vx seats are so much better and waaaay more comfier then the vs seats, also sorta have the side bits to "hug" you more. I got the fronts and rear for $100 back in the day , the rears are still in the sedan lol
never noticed the pump but thats cos ive always got music going lol haha

Leathal11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6spd Ute / VS 5spd L67 Ute III
cant wait to see how you go about the box mate!

the fuel pump annoys the hell out of me sometimes :p

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
yeh haha i will have to wait , shame my ute wont be on the road by then :( will be done for the next meet up thou, will just have to take the white vs to the dam lol

just make sure the handbrake works and it doesnt roll in looks to good to get wet. although if it were a statesman i would say let it in, a Barge is ment to float right?
cant wait to hear when you get this on the road. looks good, and will look even better when your done by the sounds of it

but yeah check out for the pump noise, i was told it was common, so tempted to sound deaden the cabin/tank area because of it.

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
just make sure the handbrake works and it doesnt roll in looks to good to get wet. although if it were a statesman i would say let it in, a Barge is ment to float right?
cant wait to hear when you get this on the road. looks good, and will look even better when your done by the sounds of it

but yeah check out for the pump noise, i was told it was common, so tempted to sound deaden the cabin/tank area because of it.

hahah yeh wouldn't want it floating away lol hahah

yeh next time im driving it ill have a look out for that noise

and yeh started the sub box and its pretty much finished , just need to put the the sub in and wire it up and shes all good to go lol

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
alright sub box is finished and in the hole bit of the ute now , took the amp out of the white vs and tested the sub/box out .....

OMFG I almost died it sounds sooooo awesome waaaaaaaaay better then a sedan with bass sounds , its like the bass is half a meter behind you so you feel it like instantly and hard as lol

anyways here's pics for people

Notice my sweet little notch i cut out as the box was just a little bit too long to fit in the hole

685fa984.jpg

a7136ae1.jpg

Installed in the hole lol
d13cde81.jpg