Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// Trayners VZ SS 6.0L Thunder Ute

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
how it will be to drive.

option 1. Mash pedal and wheel spin
option 2. ease on throttle and then mash it in. once again wheelspin
option 3. Learn how not to wheelspin and get all the power to the ground, only to have to strengthen drivetrain due to extra torque :p

Just make sure you don't go too lumpy of a cam, otherwise it will be a real pain in the lower revs if you also get the charger surging.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Is it intercooled?

yeah but in a w2a type way , so coolant runs thru the middle of the intake then into the mini radiator and back into the pump/resivour

how it will be to drive.

option 1. Mash pedal and wheel spin
option 2. ease on throttle and then mash it in. once again wheelspin
option 3. Learn how not to wheelspin and get all the power to the ground, only to have to strengthen drivetrain due to extra torque :p

Just make sure you don't go too lumpy of a cam, otherwise it will be a real pain in the lower revs if you also get the charger surging.

Hahah yeah will be wheelspin city for a bit lol .

Thinking of going the VCM 5sc

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
The DOD kit is a killer for the bank on our engines unfortunately, but I would definitely get it done first.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
The DOD kit is a killer for the bank on some of our engines unfortunately, but I would definitely get it done first.

I fixed it for ya :D

Not all 6l VZ engines have the DoD kit

How much / what is involved in removing it / disabling it?

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute

Haha yeah I know that, but us with the L76 instead of the L98 are the ones who suffer with it.

You need new lifters, tie-bar rods, lifter holders (as they are smaller I believe) and some other stuff I'm unsure of. All I know is it'll be more worthwhile for me labour wise to get heads done at the same time and save the $500 + labour from pulling the heads off for the DOD kit. Maybe he'll go down the same route haha.

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
The DOD kit is a killer for the bank on our engines unfortunately, but I would definitely get it done first.

Haha yeah I know that, but us with the L76 instead of the L98 are the ones who suffer with it.

You need new lifters, tie-bar rods, lifter holders (as they are smaller I believe) and some other stuff I'm unsure of. All I know is it'll be more worthwhile for me labour wise to get heads done at the same time and save the $500 + labour from pulling the heads off for the DOD kit. Maybe he'll go down the same route haha.

Yeah I know man will hurt the pocket with the DOD stuff , but it would make me sleep easier at night knowing all the bits are new and able to handle the boost, instead of guns ho and bolting it straight on .

Thought about getting the heads done but , unlike the ls1 heads ours arnt to bad stock.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
DOD delete only needs LS7(2/3/76/98) lifters, trays and a LS2 valley cover. You can get this cheap from the US and the valley cover from a wrecker. Probably wanna do bolts/studs, head and valley gaskets while you're there. Labour is always the killer.

With a PD your most stressed component is going to be the bottom end, full boost dumps from idle flex rods but make smiles ;)

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
No real updates but , installed the subwoofer and box back into the car lol .