Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trick question thread

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
pour from the 5L bottle into the 3l bottle till its full, then pour the rest of the 5L into the other container.

Repeat the process again.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
As u put it, an existing hole contains nothing, so u put a hole in a barrel, which the hole weighs nothing because it contains nothing. And it makes the barrel lighter.. It's not rocket science, it's a hole!

You should go for a job at ACA. That's not what I said at all. I said a hole is an absence of something, as it is. A hole in the Earth is a space void of earth, no substance. A hole in a wall is not absent of all other possibilities. It means there is no wall there, just like a hole in the Earth would mean there is no visible Earthly matter there. But not nothing.

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
pour from the 5L bottle into the 3l bottle till its full, then pour the rest of the 5L into the other container.

Repeat the process again.

Sorry wrong answer.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
You should go for a job at ACA. That's not what I said at all. I said a hole is an absence of something, as it is. A hole in the Earth is a space void of earth, no substance. A hole in a wall is not absent of all other possibilities. It means there is no wall there, just like a hole in the Earth would mean there is no visible Earthly matter there. But not nothing.

it makes total sense. you put something in the barrel. You can "Put" a hole in something.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
What's the question? I'm confused with all old responses!!

Patriot.

Me too, I got the question before right first. But apparently its someone else's go instead. I think this thread needs some rules layed down.

I will start with - no quoting successfully answered questions.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Fill 5 litre bottle, pour into 3 litre bottle. Your left with 2litres, tip the 3 litres out, pour the 2 litres into the 3litre bottle, fill the 5litre again and fill the 3 litre bottle, since there is only 2 litres in the 3l bottle, you pour 1 litre in and your left with 4 litres in the 5 litte bottle.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
it makes total sense. you put something in the barrel. You can "Put" a hole in something.

But the hole does not have to contain nothing. If that hole drilled into the wood, filled with something, it weighs something. It's not a hole in space-time it's an absence of wood filled with air. I admit a hole filed with air fits the definition of making it lighter but "nothing" fits it better. In math it's really important and it's 0.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6

Now ur just being pedantic with terminology, a void in the earth or anything is called a hole. A void as u put it, has no weight, put another way, weighs nothing.

Just keep digging ur void

Edit: Dictionary: 1a hollow place in a solid body or surface: the dog had dug a hole in the ground