Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trick to VE wiper arms???!

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Hey all, VE wiper arms.

Got the drivers side wiper arm off. Pull cover, unscrew nut, used a puller to get it off. OK... bit of a wrestle, but it came.
Passenger side, cap off, nut tarnished with beginnings of rust, mmmmm... nut came off OK.

But, the wiper arm. The f... thing will not come off. Used two types of puller. Zip, and bloody hard to get correct angle for puller.

Then, to top it off, my socket ratchet broke (cheap rubbish, I really should have known better). New (quality) one tomorrow. Now I have 1 wiper, yipee.

Any tips? I've seen a few YouTube vids with bashing the spindel to release a bit but i'm not too impressed with that. I really do not want to bugger/burr the spindel. It has to be a bit rusted on, or dirt, or something.
Any experience?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yeah I used wd-40 and wiggled it back and forth.

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Got both arms off now. Gave the difficult one a good clean and re-installed. On checking the cabin filter area my 'thingy' (no idea what you call it) for allowing water out of the cabin filter chamber had actually come right out and just sitting in the chamber. I've re-installed it and it seems to fit snug enough. Lots of crap in there but clean now (reminder to self - probably need a new cabin/pollen filter).
Fu. i'll have a re-look at that area you mention could be letting water in above the filter.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Got both arms off now. Gave the difficult one a good clean and re-installed. On checking the cabin filter area my 'thingy' (no idea what you call it) for allowing water out of the cabin filter chamber had actually come right out and just sitting in the chamber. I've re-installed it and it seems to fit snug enough. Lots of crap in there but clean now (reminder to self - probably need a new cabin/pollen filter).
Fu. i'll have a re-look at that area you mention could be letting water in above the filter.
How do you access the cabin filter?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
How do you access the cabin filter?
Pop the front few scrivets on the right on the wiper cowl. Lift it a bit and get limited access to the filter. Clean the grot out of that too. Eeew.

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Sorry vr304, Fu got to you first - thanks Fu. I was busy writing my epistle to the Corinthians... Frecken leaks.. and its raining.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Pop the front few scrivets on the right on the wiper cowl. Lift it a bit and get limited access to the filter. Clean the grot out of that too. Eeew.
Yip done mine recently too and it gets pretty yuck in there alright, good to get rid of that mesh screen and put a proper filter in there