Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trick to VE wiper arms???!

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Got both arms off now. Gave the difficult one a good clean and re-installed. On checking the cabin filter area my 'thingy' (no idea what you call it) for allowing water out of the cabin filter chamber had actually come right out and just sitting in the chamber. I've re-installed it and it seems to fit snug enough. Lots of crap in there but clean now (reminder to self - probably need a new cabin/pollen filter).
Fu. i'll have a re-look at that area you mention could be letting water in above the filter.
Do you have a water leak

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Do you have a water leak
Yep Dayvo, at least 5. All four door vapour barriers (know about these, finding other leaks first) and investigating possible roof leak via roof seam seal.
Also see the post "Temporary removal of VE front seats".

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Yep Dayvo, at least 5. All four door vapour barriers (know about these, finding other leaks first) and investigating possible roof leak via roof seam seal.
Also see the post "Temporary removal of VE front seats".
I had a leak some years ago and couldn't find it . Turned out to be leaking in from a warp in the top of the pollen filter cover
rsz_1leaking_cowl (1).jpg

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
I had a leak some years ago and couldn't find it . Turned out to be leaking in from a warp in the top of the pollen filter cover View attachment 252024
Yeah, I'm yet to investigate that area too. I reckon so far I'm dealing with at least 7 leaks (just at a guess mind you). Some major and obvious, others minor but painful and not obvious (sneaky little buggers).

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I had a leak some years ago and couldn't find it . Turned out to be leaking in from a warp in the top of the pollen filter cover View attachment 252024
I had one there as well after I refitted the HVAC. Got a trim tool in to open it up a bit and used some Sika 227 in behind it. All fixed.

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
I had one there as well after I refitted the HVAC. Got a trim tool in to open it up a bit and used some Sika 227 in behind it. All fixed.
Dayvo, Fu, I'm yet to get to this area. Dayvo, thx for the pic. Fu, so where did you actually apply the Sika 227? Sorry if i'm being thick...

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I dried the area thoroughly then put sika in the gap , let it skin over then put a liberal amount over the pollen filter cover and the firewall. Looked a bit crappy but you can't see it once you put the cowl back on .

Reactions: mtd

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
I dried the area thoroughly then put sika in the gap , let it skin over then put a liberal amount over the pollen filter cover and the firewall. Looked a bit crappy but you can't see it once you put the cowl back on .
OK, thx. Yet to get there, but I will...