Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Troy - LIVE from Mount Panorama

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Hey guys, well im comming to you live from Bathurst. As i am typing this the V8s are running a practise session. We are situated about 400 meters down Conrod from Forrests Elbow and the veiw is spectacular!

I have taken a few (read - ALOT) of pics and here is just a few. They are not all Holdens but they are some of the better shots.

I will possibly update with a few more pictures through out the weekend :thumbsup:

Races05006.jpg

Races05005.jpg

Races05004.jpg

Races05003.jpg

Races05002.jpg

Races05001.jpg

That should keep you all happy :) When i get home i will post more pictures after i have had time to veiw all of them

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
Here i am sitting at work and your out at bathurst. lucky bugger

how are you getting access to the internet, wifi hotspot beside the track ( i doubt it ) or do you have the CDMA wireless internet setup?

but most important, great to have someone there keeping us updated on the event :D

cheers

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I am so jealous.

You better enjoy your day enough to cater for everyone here who can't make it!!!

Nice photos :D

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
rub it in arsehole..... lol stuck here, working.... but appreciate the 'live' updates!

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Hey troy make sure u keep us informed of all the off track action. I went to bathurst a while ago and things were pretty rowdy. Cars burning, idiots jumping on burning cars and getting severe burns, drunken yobbos fighting with cops, on the verge of a riot lol. Ah the memories...

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
yea it gets pretty wild at the top of the mountain... we havent (and probably) wont go up to the top of the mountain at night but as soon as the track opens we are going to go up there for a wander and booze up ;D

HRT has got some awesomley cheap merchendise! i got 2 shirts and a hat for 33 bucks!

i may post a few more pics later

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
oh god, what a day....

we started out by watching the practise session and when the track opened we went for a drive and parked down the bottom of the mountain to check out the action from a different angle. but that was after we did a lap of the track (following a roo who slipped over after we laughed). took a heap of pics and then decided we were too tight to pay 4 bucks for the shuttle bus to the top of the mountain. note to all who come here... do NOT walk from pit straight to the top... it is a b*tch of a climb! took some more pics, saw some bogans on top of the track and had some fun

tomorrow watch as the cars come from forrests elbow down to conrod... just before they go under the prime *something* bridge you MAY see a holden flag on the left hand side... thats me! whoo hoo!

i dont have a tip for the race cos alot can happen and there could be some rain (cos its fairly overcast right now). i would like to see murph do 3 in a row but i think there is alot of other drivers who deserve to win it more. we shall see at around 5pm tomorrow!

shazz308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6
Sounds good,
Did you manage to catch a pic of Ingall in the shootout, haha that was funny.
Looking foward to some more pics. I'll be watching the coverage all day tomorrow.