Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Troys 2007 WM Statesman

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
It should keep the shine - a lot of chrome wheels and polished aluminium wheels are cleared for the same reason. Worth speaking to a paint shop.

Good point, I might look into that.

I'm also looking at getting a spare set of rears and polishing them. That way I will have a full spare set I can polish and maybe offer an exchange service for a small fee lol.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I'm pretty keen for doing this, but where do I get callipers for my Omega and what are they worth?
Thanks

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Mate, They look ####ing wicked! well worth the time spend

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I'm pretty keen for doing this, but where do I get callipers for my Omega and what are they worth?
Thanks

You can unbolt your own and do those. Or buy a set off eBay. I think there is a full set of V8 brakes on there now for 280 bucks (plus post)

I'm thinking of doing the plenum next haha. I reckon it would take me a weekend to get it looking like a mirror :D

Blind Sniper

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve S2 SSV Sportwagon
Dremel??? works like a dream :) if you have one, you won't regret buying one though.... they are great

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I still haven't finished the calipers yet but it's now decided that I'm fitting DBA 4000 slotted discs on all 4 corners along with braided lines. The upgrade will go ahead sometime before Christmas. Also over the Christmas holiday period the intake manifold is coming off and getting polished. While it's off I'll be doing MACE manifold spacers and changing the spark plugs (which are almost due to be done anyway).

stateside

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vs statesman
absolutely gorgeous mate i just bought my first stato, 20x10 on the rear :D

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
I still haven't finished the calipers yet but it's now decided that I'm fitting DBA 4000 slotted discs on all 4 corners along with braided lines. The upgrade will go ahead sometime before Christmas. Also over the Christmas holiday period the intake manifold is coming off and getting polished. While it's off I'll be doing MACE manifold spacers and changing the spark plugs (which are almost due to be done anyway).

Aren't braided brake lines on road cars illegal?