Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trucks banned from Right hand lanes

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I read an article not long ago (I think it was in topgear magazine). Basically it was saying how when we get behind the wheel our attitude seems to change we become much more inconsiderate and rude.

When a lift or a bus comes people will let others in first without thinking twice. But two lanes change to one and it's "get f**ed ur not getting in front of me.

Certainly sounds about right. You think about all the people you see abusing transit lanes, or pulling out of a line of traffic into a lane which ends 50m ahead, just to jump a few cars in front. If people did the same thing in the queue at Coles they'd get punched in the dick, but somehow there are some pathetic people who think this kind of thing is Ok on the road.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I see it all the time, my new job has me on the road 90% of the working day, people going down a service lane to jump 10 cars ahead, and people actually think they are comming from the shops, look in thier rear view mirrors, feel sorry for them and let them in.

As was said above, people jumping into a lane thats about to end, forcing there way in, or the people who refuse to merge when you leave them a massive gap, they go beyond the end of the lane up the emergency stopping lane and push in between two cars.

It's not just trucks it's everyone, however getting caught on Sydney road, with a truck in every lane, and about 10 sets of traffic lights is fricking annoying.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
If only this was federal................

take a drive down kessels road. we're definitely getting it on the arterial roads
Certainly sounds about right. You think about all the people you see abusing transit lanes, or pulling out of a line of traffic into a lane which ends 50m ahead, just to jump a few cars in front. If people did the same thing in the queue at Coles they'd get punched in the dick, but somehow there are some pathetic people who think this kind of thing is Ok on the road.

pretty common to see people sitting between 2 lanes to avoid that on my work commute, I'm guilty of doing it occasionally myself. But I'm more worried about the people that would ram you to get past

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
As already mentioned, NSW is looking at introducing similar legislation. However, they want to observe how it works in Victoria for six months before making a decision.

Bloody typical. Wouldn't want to move too quickly on this, would they? It's a sensible rule and long overdue and yes, should be in force nationally, not just state by state.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
pretty common to see people sitting between 2 lanes to avoid that on my work commute, I'm guilty of doing it occasionally myself. But I'm more worried about the people that would ram you to get past

I wouldn't feel guilty at all, fight fire with fire. :flame:

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
As already mentioned, NSW is looking at introducing similar legislation. However, they want to observe how it works in Victoria for six months before making a decision.

Bloody typical. Wouldn't want to move too quickly on this, would they? It's a sensible rule and long overdue and yes, should be in force nationally, not just state by state.

this has been in force on the F3 freeway for years...at ourimbah and mooney just to name a couple...i hope you's do realise it wont affect dual lanes...it is for 3 lanes or more...so those commuters will still get stuck behind trucks taking up both lanes just like always lol...

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
Gat a UHF radio and u can tell the truck driver in person how u feel about being ten minutes late for work because of impatient truck drivers

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
i'd like to know where the figures came from that states its truck drivers who make you late for work...if your late leave earlier...

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
Overe here in WA it's not really that bad. I've found that city truckies are pretty arrogant as they have to fight the traffic themselves, but the country truckies are pretty courteous and quite friendly. I have a UHF in my car, and i talk to them regularly.....more so on long drives and i ask them if i can ride their wind and have them pull me along.....which means riding right up their clacker.............alot of them are fine with it as long as you ask first and they know what you're doing.

Like i said, the country truckies are orsm and tend to stick to the road rules.....as per everywhere thou, you have your rouges, but they are everywhere anyway.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
this has been in force on the F3 freeway for years...at ourimbah and mooney just to name a couple...i hope you's do realise it wont affect dual lanes...it is for 3 lanes or more...so those commuters will still get stuck behind trucks taking up both lanes just like always lol...

You have only referred to the long and steep hills on that length of road where the third lane being blocked by heavy vehicles would cause a major hold-up. On other stretches of the F3, where three lanes are in use each way, the trucks use all three lanes and don't give a stuff if they hold up traffic doing it. I travel that road many times a year and have done for 30 years and, if heavy vehicles ARE prohibited from using the third lane, they disobey the regs all too frequently.

And yes, I for one was well aware that this law was only to apply on six lane highways. The useless Transport Minister in this State, David Campbell, was quoted as saying that there are comparitively few lengths of six lane highway in this State when he stated that the Victorian experience would be studied for six months before NSW moved.

And, after 15 years of Labor government in this State, exactly whose fault is it that there is only a small amount of six lane highway? Another useless Labor trollop.