Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trying to pull these dents, Hr Holden

Gazza2005au

Reaction score
From what i have researched if the drum and disc cross members are the same i will need

Disc stub's
Disc's
Caliper's
Outrigger's

What's the go with the rear end do i still run drum brake's? Nothing has been mentioned about that

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Drums on the rear will be ok they were still using drums on the rear of VL's so I wouldn't be too concerned there. Get some decent rotors if they are available along with some decent pads and braided lines again if they can be bought.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Drums will be fine....Discs on the rear wasn't a factory option til the late 70's......

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Drums will be fine....Discs on the rear wasn't a factory option til the late 70's......
Some Chryslers were still using drums even in 2001.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
HR came out with disc. I converted my kingpin FCs to HR and they are still available much cheaper than your engineer!

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I also forgot to mention, my comment relating to the disc on the rear, was Holden didn't bring it out ass an option until the late 70's.....

From shite memory, it was around the LX ish Torana and HZ Holdens.....I could be wrong with that too....

But needless to say, with the OP, go discs on the front and just have new shoes, drums, slave cylinders and brake lines and she'll be good as gold