Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tub Liners - how much

theconcierege

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE ute
Hi all

I am pretty sure I am going to get a SV6 ute. Now, I am going to use the ute well, as a ute. Plan on using the tub a bit for soil and gardening gear. Now, I was wondering how much a new tub liner was? my thinking is that I can not worry about the tub and when time comes to sell buy a new one.

thoughts?

prices?

lclynch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore Ute
im about 90% sure they come stock with tub liners now mate.

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
Mate, it's a ute and you're supposed to use it as such. After using the tub just wash it out and continue to use it. I don't think you are going to detrimentally effect the resale of the car by having a used tub.

theconcierege

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE ute
Sorry guys - I know they come standard but just wondering the cost for a replacement if I scruff it all up with shovels etc. I they were only $500 or something then I really wouldn't worry too much how much mine got scratched up.

Resale value - not sure if a heavily used tub would effect the price or not. Thing is it's too easy to find a car that has never seen a day of work in it's life, so I think a used tray would stand out. Heck, I am in the market for a ute and I would always go for the ute that has carried nothing over the one that clearly has ( presuming that were similarly price etc ).

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Mate, it's a ute and you're supposed to use it as such. After using the tub just wash it out and continue to use it. I don't think you are going to detrimentally effect the resale of the car by having a used tub.

i'd probably disagree with this.
yes everyone 'expects' ute flooring to be used, but i'd pay a little more for one that looked 'unused'!
no dings or scratches gives the impression of easy life. for the price of a liner, if I had a ute i'd be using one for sure.

theconcierege

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE ute
i'd probably disagree with this.
yes everyone 'expects' ute flooring to be used, but i'd pay a little more for one that looked 'unused'!
no dings or scratches gives the impression of easy life. for the price of a liner, if I had a ute i'd be using one for sure.

Yeah I agree. As I said, I reckon 90% of the utes see no major action in the tub so a "used tub" sticks out like dog balls. Will give Holden a call on Monday to find out the cost