Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tune first?

highlander_69r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE
to my knowledge there is no otr on the market for the v6, providing it can be mafless tuned with the new software ill have a home job made up for it, but compared to the other choices on the market atm, it will be worth its weight in gold.

u would be surprised what a full sysetm will give you that why i said extracters aswell.

for instance, my vy ss had 179rwkw std, added extracters and catback it went to 188. not much of a gain at all but then tuned it gained another 44rwkw. just an example :)

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
wow,another 44kws! thats wicked.so have u been able to talk to the guys at hp tuners 2 c if the program for the alloytech is avail yet? if not thats cool.uz have given me much food for thought.thanks highlander_69r! mite have to just get the exhaust (xtractors as well)system then do a 2 hole mod job and c if that works then wait for a tune to be released.cant wait! :) when i get the tune ill post up the b4 an after figures for yaz.

highlander_69r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE
i had a talk to my tuners today, as yet they havent got the software :( but it should be here very soon, as i hear a few southern companies will be doing them in early feb. Keep in mind that gain was on a gen 3 and not the v6 so the gain will be smaller IMO.

On another note , if its an auto ill be looking at a stall converter and a set of diff gears when the software is released as this will make good gains down the 1/4 and give the v8s a good fright of a set of lights.

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
is it heaps xpensiv.ive heard that diff gears really improve takeoff so wuld like to hear how ur beast goes once uv finishd :) we gotta get abit of respect from the v8s ay!?cant wait till feb,for now ill concentr8 on cai-zorst.gives me time to save up sum coin! when u say southern where xactly do u mean?wuld any canber tuners be getting software 2?thanks h.

Last edited: