Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tune question?

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SS - Black Edition
Hey guys.

I've currently got a remote tune done through MACE in my Clubsport, I'm looking at getting an aftermarket camshaft put in my Clubsport in the not too distant future and the local workshop I will be getting it done through is providing a full custom dyno tune with the package.
I'm just wondering if the tune they will do will flash straight over the top of the current MACE tune or if it's more complicated than that? Just don't want to run into any problems, I've heard stories of locked tunes and whatever. I've messaged Mace as well, I just wanted to see what your experiences were?

Thanks.

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just realised there was a dedicated tuning section, probably should have put this there.

Gunnazz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I've had 3 people tune my car in the past and for 2 of the 3 times the ECU has been locked. Meaning that no one else can access the ECU with out the password. I had to pay to have it returned back to stock then the new tuner could put his tune on it. I'm not sure if Mace locks his tunes, I'm sure he will mention it in the reply email.

Personally I would get the guy fitting the cam to tune it, That way you can drive the car out of the workshop and enjoy it. Although I hear Mace is pretty fast with the turn turn around you will need to log the car again, send it off etc and could take a couple of days to get right.

Anyways good luck with it all, Just out of curiosity who's fitting the cam and what size is it?

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've had 3 people tune my car in the past and for 2 of the 3 times the ECU has been locked. Meaning that no one else can access the ECU with out the password. I had to pay to have it returned back to stock then the new tuner could put his tune on it. I'm not sure if Mace locks his tunes, I'm sure he will mention it in the reply email.

Personally I would get the guy fitting the cam to tune it, That way you can drive the car out of the workshop and enjoy it. Although I hear Mace is pretty fast with the turn turn around you will need to log the car again, send it off etc and could take a couple of days to get right.

Anyways good luck with it all, Just out of curiosity who's fitting the cam and what size is it?

Okay thanks mate, when you say you had to pay to have it returned to stock, who did that for you?
I will be getting whoever fits the cam to tune it, then I can just drive away with no issues and if there are any then its straight back there
I haven't picked a specific workshop to do it yet, just getting a few quotes at the moment but they all seem to be pretty close in price.
All the shops i've spoken to down here use the VCM cam packages, I am pretty sure i'll be going for a VCM11 Cam which is 225˚ 232˚ .580" .590" 112.5˚
It's not a massive cam but I don't want to destroy the cars daily driven potential and i'm told I will get a fairly decent gain at the rear wheels and still have a lumpy idle.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
had one car with a locked tune, my tuner got rid of it and started fresh. Don't always use a great mechanic as your tuner.

Best tuners are full time tuners.

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just got my reply from Mace, there is actually an option in their software to put it back to stock so it can be tuned by someone else.
Thanks to everyone that helped