Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tune Update - W375

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Just had the car in for a tune check at Gentech in Canberra. I've read on several occasions that Walkinshaw dealers tend not to spend much time actually dyno tuning but rather just upload a generic tune. I'm sure the base tune is generic but it is nice to know that some Walkinshaw agents do spend a bit of time applying tuning edits that are vehicle specific. I've attached both the stock run and tune which was done prior to delivery of the vehicle and also today's post edit run. Seems to have picked up an extra 7rwkw this time around although I'm not sure if you can put that down to the tune edit or just that the engine has loosened up or even the atmospheric conditions?

dyno1.jpg

dyno2.jpg

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Probably a combination of different weather conditions, the kms on the motor, slight tweak in the tune, strapped different on the dyno. I bet if you went back tomorrow it would pull a different figure.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
How long did they tune it on the dyno?
I had a similar experience they just load the tune and don't dyno it so I asked them to check it and provide a graph. Spent about 15 mins and got about 5 kW and 15nm torque extra. When I had the cam done with my current tuner he spent an hour & a half on it on the dyno. Then took it for a run round the block. Put it back on the laptop and tweaked it, took for another run then had me drive it before he was happy with it. All up took him about 2.5 hours and the result was exactly how I wanted

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
How long did they tune it on the dyno?
I had a similar experience they just load the tune and don't dyno it so I asked them to check it and provide a graph. Spent about 15 mins and got about 5 kW and 15nm torque extra. When I had the cam done with my current tuner he spent an hour & a half on it on the dyno. Then took it for a run round the block. Put it back on the laptop and tweaked it, took for another run then had me drive it before he was happy with it. All up took him about 2.5 hours and the result was exactly how I wanted

Yeah they didn't spend long man. Ran it up, tweaked it a little then test drove and tweaked again. Guess with a cam there would be far more tables to edit than when just checking an already standardised/tested base tune. Not sure about the third gear run. They did the same on the original tune also.

Gave me an opportunity to get some quotes on a charger though and as much as I love the idea I really don't think I can justify that expense....ya never know though.

bbunnys

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VFII SS
Old thread, I know. But had a tune done on mine today.
Improved a bit over the base one it came with. Also feels stronger in the mid revs.

387DC5DD-13F3-4A52-90EB-3FF67DBB471C.jpeg

Last edited:

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Walky dealer here in Perth is really good, one of those guys thats fussy about his cars, when i upgraded from w375 to w407 he spent heaps of time with on the dyno, he evan asked me how i like the power, down low or up high. He kept it over night to make sure the cold start tune was good too. I dont think all Walky dealers go to the same lengths

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Jarp and Bbunnys.
Very similar results.
AFR's on Bbunnys looks a lot more consistent though. weird

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Why did they dyno it in 3rd gear I wonder. Any tune I've had over the years they run in 4th.

If I recall the auto's don't have a 1:1 4th gear. Most tuners use 3rd on those.