Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tuning in cairns?

Ross D.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
anyone know where i can get my ute tuned in cairns? its a vs v6. i've been around to a few places to see if they tune memcals or can get pre-tuned ones and one guy ended up trying to sell me a hole new ecu. i know about greenfoam and tried to get in contact with him a few times and no reply, and every time i look on ebay theres none from him.

creasote

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
I know Leigh Holman does a bit up there with performance cars (and had a sweet twin turbo GTS customer car floating around for a while) - not sure if he could help you but it could be worth a call?
Special Vehicle Services
(07) 4033 2555
184 Newell St
Westcourt QLD 4870

Ross D.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
nah he doesnt use the software use for tuning vs. got it sorted anyway

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
Cape York has the W43 software for VS V6

DO NOT GO TO CAPE YORK AUTO. I have had a lot of bad experiences there!!!!!!!!!!!
They have had 2 goes at my car and each time i got it back there has been something different wrong with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go to a place called eight 50 auto. He seems to be the man that knows alot. he has even fixed up a couple of cape yorks cars!!!!!!!!!!!
I have also been told that cape york have had trouble with a few other commodores. (I found this out after I got my car back).
I cant stress enough..... DONT GO TO CAPE YORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 YOU WILL REGRET IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
Geez that is a bit harsh, have you contacted them about your problems ?

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
Geez that is a bit harsh, have you contacted them about your problems ?

yeah i have and they burning another chip for me and sending it down to me. I told them i want at least half my money back and they never see or hear from me again. Last night i finally went for drive while it wasnt rainin and give it a very little and in 3rd now it seems to pull but the all of a sudden it looses boost and stops pullin hard. I dont know wy they do this as a job hay. I cant stress enough how unhappy I am hay. The tune cost me 1500 and I think it wsa a complete waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And for them to be having troubles with 2 or 3 other commodores, at least i know it not my car.
I been on to this other guy who has fixed a couple of cape yorks cars but i gotta spend another 2500 to get it right which is f&$ked in the arse considering the trouble and money i been threw so far. Plus i live a hour drive away from all these shops and it big inconvience wen without wheel for a week at a time and also very fustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cry:

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
Why don't you take it back to them and let them know you are not happy with their work ?Will it cost anymore to have them re-address your issues ? $2500 and a week or 2 without a car is way more expensive to get it re-tuned compared to a Week without a car. Who is Eight 50 automotive and where is their workshop ? I've never heard of that shop before, is it new ? I've been through this crap before with workshop's, spare parts retailers, etc. I could tell you a story about the company that sold you some parts from America that you have fitted to your car but it's not the right time or place. I know how you feel but it's up to YOU to make a list of problems and don't generalize. Realize that modifying a car takes time, effort and determination everything else you can google for an answer :D

Last edited:

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
yeah i have been onto them heaps, they must be sick of hearing my voice lol.
They burnt me another chip and sent it to me, i gotta put it in and see how it goes.
Eight 50 auto is new, dont know where w/shop is as i dont live in cairns. the blokes name is daniel and he used to be the head tuner at cape york. He has done a couple xr6t that i have seen but havent seen any of his commodores. Everyone I spoke to at ingham car show only had good things to say about him. He is doing resurch for me to try find out another cheaper alternative to help me out, He is very helpfull and interested to help out in anyway he can.

Do you know my car? Do you know the bloke I got it off?

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had a look at your profile, you listed some of the parts fitted. A full realtime ECU conversion for my car was worth $1800 roughly.I swear by them. Well keep everyone up to date with how you go, I'm interested to see the end result.

Last edited: