Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tuning

Jakeee1235

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
Sorry for such a late reply,
It's just a 6 as I'm on my P's and has a few minor mods, and I got a chip from mace but didn't really fix what I needed, the main problem I need a tune for is the gear shifts, (it's an auto)
It changes gear at are 1800-2100rpm unless I put my foot down abit more, and gota drive it pretty hard just for it to change gear properly

mjs8672

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6
you should talk to The1 as he will customise a tune for you, I have nothing against Mace but from the tune I had from them it was an old tune,
The one I got from The1 has all the updates and is adjusted to my engine via data logging.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
It changes gear at are 1800-2100rpm unless I put my foot down abit more, and gota drive it pretty hard just for it to change gear properly

Sounds like you might have bigger problems with the gearbox then. Changing the shift points with a tune for something like that is a band-aid fix.

Jakeee1235

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
It was changing gear properly until I put the throttle body on, and when I put the chip in from mace it fixed the problem a little bit but still changing to early

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
It was changing gear properly until I put the throttle body on, and when I put the chip in from mace it fixed the problem a little bit but still changing to early

that's because the travel between 0-100% has changed, you can guess what the new calibration value will be but it'l never be right, you need to datalog the travel and change till it is correct again.

Jakeee1235

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
What do you mean by data log the travel exactly? Haha I'm not to good when it comes to these kinds of things

mjs8672

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6
Hey Jakeee1235 I would highly recommend you grab a aldl cable like The1 put the links up in the beginning of this thread, do you have a laptop?

Jakeee1235

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
Is it hard to use the software because I have no clue about anything to do with tuning haha
And nah it broke not long ago