Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tuning

Nathan72

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 3.8
hey... is it worth getting your car tuned cause after i get my exhaust and cold a/i i want to get it tunned but a mate said that their is no need cause the ecu will ajust to it is this true... and another question do u think its worth $1600 for pacemakers, hi flow cat, sports mufferler and 2 1/2'' exhaust all fitted???

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
If you got the extractors and that gear, I would get a tune if you have the $. CAI and exhaust dont need a tune, you havent made enough difference to see any benefit. Your car will take these minor adjustments into account.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
by "get it tuned" do you mean having it dyno tuned...if you do, thats just overkill. after you get the exhaust, a chip would be benifitial, just a "over the counter" type performance chip for your car with those mods.
as for $1600 for pacies, hi flow cat and pipes...thats a bit pricey, id shop around a bit more mate.
pacemakers are about $500, hi flow cats are around $250 and a cat back is around $350...so your paying $500 just for installation.