Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tuning

81_vh_holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh commodore/ VC commodore
hey i was thinking when my car is painted i am going to take her down for a tune up and was wondering if any 1 knew a rough cost for this?

Thanks james

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Depends on how far you want to go. A tune basically is changing plugs and points, checking the timing and adjusting the carby. You could go all out and do leads, dizzy cap, rotor button, oil, filter, air and fuel filters too. Cost could be anywhere from $120-$300.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
It cost us $80 to get a dyno tune on PEAKN6 (EFI 202). That wasn't a service, just the tune.

81_vh_holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
ohh ok yeah i would probly do the timing,carby,plugs,leads and then just a dyno tune any 1 know a rough cost to look 4just for them thing so i know wheater or not im gettin riped off.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Dyno tuning is the ideal way to tune a car as you are tuning it under load. A good mechanic doesn't need a dyno for a carby engine as there isn't that much you can alter apart from timing. If on the other hand you are changing fuel maps, timing and other ECU related stuff then a dyno is best. It's your choice though. I just think dyno tuning is the new black with the car crowds, just so they can say it has been dyno'd. Unless you have a specific problem under load that needs to be fixed then I would give the dyno a miss. $100 approx for a slip of paper.

81_vh_holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i know what you mean like the cool thing to do. nar i dont want a dyno to look cool just tune my car even if the dyno isn't need because she hasn't been out for a bit so i thought when she is done just take her for a tune up.