Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo 400 in a ve reverse lights wiring?

acefrehley

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute
Hi All
I have installed a turbo 400 into my ve after blowing numerous 6l80es after having them rebuilt at so called performance joints it's up and running but can't get reverse lights or the letters on the dash to change PNR123 does anyone have any idea is there anyone here that's done the conversion and has got all the wiring sorted?
Cheers

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior
you will find the 6L80e's blowing up will be cause more by a poor tune than the trans builder not doing his job right... same idea as fitting the best pistons but having a tuner run it that lean that it detonates them..

acefrehley

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute
yep last place it went to cost me thousands and they did 3 laps around the block and told me it was tuned lasted 2 days at power cruise even though thats what it was getting built for then told me to pull it out and drop it in and they would look at it straight away i did that and it sat there for another 5 weeks untouched so thats why i have gone to the t400

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
the lights on the dash wont work again because the PCM needs the PRND321 switch to determin which gear its in:
Kugal-4L60E-lg.jpg

youre gonna find all sorts of MIL's now that the PCM is no longer getting the solenoid, pressure or switch signals. so itll have to get all the codes turned off.

fit one of these to make the reverse lights work:
prf-80175_w.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/prf-80175

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
is the car running yet?

what month and year is the car?

whos doing the work/tune etc...

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
What shifter are you using?
You need to find out which wires on the harness currently trigger the reverse lights. Then install the switch that should come with the new shifter and join the wires up to it.

Should also be a neutral/safety inhibitor switch installed already.

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE's don't work like that... the TCM tells the ECU its ok to crank and its in reverse... the ecu then tells the BCM to turn the reverse lights on

acefrehley

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute
Yeah cars running 2008 ve ute just plugged in hp tuners coming up with error code 0801 ?? Anyone know what it is?? Before this was done work was done at Toowoomba never again car sat for months then was rushed

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
Reverse inhibit control circuit (reverse lockout)