Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo front brakes on an NA

[email protected]

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 vs commodore
Vl Disc Has A Hub With Bearings And Vt Is A Hat Type Disc With Seperate Hub And Bearings.wont Interchange.use Vnss Discs As They Have Hub And Bearing But Sme Dia As Vt Discs

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
boona15 said:
no they arent......my vn disks are 270mm.......

is your vn an SS?

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
ok
N/a VL discs: 270.8mm
Vl turbo discs: 288.8mm
vt discs: 296mm

vl caliper bore: 54mm
vt caliper bore: 108mm (guessn coz a vs is 54mm and the vt is twin spot so double)

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
ahhh. thankyou. the specs i was after. see....the difference isn't really a great deal. which was the point i was trying to make earlier. i thought it was about the 6mm mark. its only a fraction over 7mm in difference. wouldn't the bore be smaller though if its twin spot? either way twin spots on those vl turbo discs will pull you up well, pretty much the same as the vt's. look at the difference between N/A and turbo discs too, jeez.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
look at the na vl discs to vt differance geez us evan more,
just that 7mm differance between the vlt and vt disc dont sound like much but its a bigger surface-area so it expelse heat more evanly and quicker.

and u could b right bout the twinspots bore being smaller but it would b pointless coz it would have the same aplecation area as the single claiper 54mm.
unless the twinspot is smaller then the single but not half the size of the single just big more biga so it equals a bit more,(sorry if i got u confussed)

eg: single caliper 54mm bore
twinspot each piston has like 30mm bore so when added 2gether its got power of a 60mm bore single caliper

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
plus the upgrade from the 270mm n/a vl discs to vt discs would be very notacible, i guess.
even with the stock n/a master and booster as wat i plan on running, till i can affored the time and money 2 put a vlt 1inch master cylinder and booster in

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
theres a 1" for sale on ebay for 50 bucks. ends soon i think. VL turbo slotted discs with Grp A front skirt to direct cold air to them, they won't cook and get brake fade. I don't think the difference between VLT and VT brakes would be that noticeable if they both have twin spots and the discs are slotted.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
o well the only way 2 know is to drive a vl with vts and and a vlt set up, :( problem i dont know any 1 who owns a vlt, let alone a random let me drive theres, il just go my vt brake ways and u go the turbo ways and lets hope it turns out good 4 us both
and if it dosnt then drink up :drink: