Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turbo kit v6

sickboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Chev.. VT V6.. VY Wagon V6
Hey guys just stumbled across this kit, setup for vy but what else would I need to put in a VT out of curiosity.
tmp_21891-Screenshot_2017-03-02-18-24-161419993806.png

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Bolt it up and get a tune to suit the setup.
Without a tune it will run like poo or not at all as the standard ecu does not have the mapping.
They will make it mafless as the maf sensor does not have the capability to process the amount of air the turbo sucks

sickboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Chev.. VT V6.. VY Wagon V6
Sweet thanx for that. Just researching at this stage will go chat to a tuner here & see what they can do but very limited to them where I am.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais Supercharged "Auuusiecouch"
Hey guys just stumbled across this kit, setup for vy but what else would I need to put in a VT out of curiosity.
View attachment 190574

That Turbo looks a bit close to the inlet manifold IMHO and would heat soak.
I'd recommend heat wrap &/or cermanic coating or better, a kit where the turbo is further toward the headlight with a reverse plenium - where the throttle boby is on the drivers side

H

harrop.senator

I wouldnt worry about heat soak to much. Firced induction doesn't seem to care so much for it as motors not breathing is being jammed down it.

Been in many turbo datsuns where chargers directly under intake manifold never had fuel boiling issues and still go hard. Also their were other non cross flow turbo motors over the years. So in comparison turbos not that close.

See if it comes with the tuned pcm as i doubt he paid for a retune when he removed the huffer he would of just put a stock memcal back in.