Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo on P Plates?

Aussie V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 308/T350. 1989 FJ75 Toyota Troopcarrier
It's just the self righteous bigots and do gooders who have no idea how things work in the real world who come up with this tripe. If a p player wants to hoon, they will do just that regardless of how much power the car has behind it.
If that's the case I should be allowed to have an 8.2 litre Mark5 in a Gemini panel van. Stuff the safety aspect and the lack of ability to control such a beast on a public road, I want it I should be allowed to have it and heaven help anyone who gets in my way.

If a person hasn't got the skill to drive something they shouldn't be allowed to drive it. It's not just the individual kids that kill or hurt themselves the general public can also get hurt. This isn't a bleeding heart, self righteous bigot, or do gooder type post instead it is a post from someone that has come to see through real life experience what actually happens. If you as a young person or my neighbour as an old person or even myself or my family cannot verify they can control something then they shouldn't be allowed to drive it.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Half the bad drivers I see on the roads lately aren't even P platers, times are changing

Aussie V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its not up to you what someone chooses to do with their life and if there decision leads to their death so be it. They made the choice not YOU.
But who makes the choice to lose control and hit a pedestrian? Why should others suffer because a P plater is not capable of being able to control the vehicle they are driving in the prevailing conditions?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
lol, no doubt this thread is full of:

1. Doesnt matter what you drive you can crash
2. But if they can have it so should I
3. I never hoon

Blah blah blah, always the same **** different thread. Fact is, road tolls are coming down with the introduction of tougher laws.

Aussie V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
NSW Annual Statistical Statement 2011 page 7
Twenty-one per cent of all drivers and motorcycle riders involved in fatal crashes were young persons aged 17-25, but this age group accounted for only 14% per cent of licence holders.
Thirty per cent of all speeding drivers and motorcycle riders involved in fatal crashes were males aged 17-25. In contrast, only five per cent of speeding drivers and motorcycle riders involved in fatal crashes were females in that age group.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
I always wondered if they introduced the NO V8 laws into W.A. . would they affect current P platers or nah? what happened to you boys over east?

I was on my Green P's when the V8 and Turbos laws were introduced.

And I was getting around in my v8 no worries.

So if you hold a licence before the laws are introduced you are ok.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
lol, no doubt this thread is full of:

1. Doesnt matter what you drive you can crash
2. But if they can have it so should I
3. I never hoon

Blah blah blah, always the same **** different thread. Fact is, road tolls are coming down with the introduction of tougher laws.

1 outta 3 correct, sloppy, very sloppy!

Aussie V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
I always wondered if they introduced the NO V8 laws into W.A. . would they affect current P platers or nah? what happened to you boys over east?
The effort to make new legislation retrospective is to difficult for the current crop of politicians we have in this country. Difficult things cut into their holiday time so they tend to make new laws as easy as possible on themselves.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
1 outta 3 correct, sloppy, very sloppy!

3 out of 34 seem correct, given you own a VL we can forgive you for being a bit "slow".