Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turbo starfire?

chanoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
81 vc in dynasty gold, 80 vc sle 336 pack
Hey VH commodore this thread is about as as your ride "1881" :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
back in the early 90's every performance 202 used starfire rods so maybe the little 1.9l can handle boost
plus i used to see people put cut down VK EFI setups on the starfire engine (just cut off the rear 2 intake tubes and weld a plate in)
i think it would be cool just buy a dead VK EFI car and swap over the EFI gear
might only make about 200hp (120kw) but thats about the same power a 308 turned out in the day
sc14 might be easier though

vhcommodore

starfire powered :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
1881 vh sl commodore
how does the starfire go? and how did the internals hold up? tuboing my vh and after info :idea3:

vhcommodore

starfire powered :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
1881 vh sl commodore
sorry only just got back on here as im not on that much i wanna keep it carb for now but i need more info, if anyone knbows can they text or call me on 0437321971 cheers fellas

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Fir the record 200hp= 150kw..

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Wasn't the starfire just a 202 with two cylinders lopped off the end ?? May just handle boost of some sort

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
SC14 would probably be a viable option IMO.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Probably perfect actually. The Toyota engines that came with the SC14 made 160-180 HP so it's probably about the right size, given they would be spinning a bit faster.

I'd love to see it with the cut down VK EFI hardware. The L-Jetronic was used in a lot of Euro 4 cylinders so you could even go old school on the engine management.

(You can imagine cruising some where with the blower whine happening, drawing a crowd, waiting for you to pop the bonnet, only to find... a Starfire.)

starfirevh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Sedan VR Five Speed Sedan
can run 10 psi easy with a decent tune on a stock bottom end, either modify vk injection to work or camira and use the efi set up or go the sigma set up and use a weber adapter plate for the sigma efi set up.... if wanting to go carby you have to options draw thru or blow thru either way will work just fine, make a strata style kit or use stock manifold modded weber or holley carb to handle boost going through it and make/buy a carb hat then get boost going through that from either your stock manifold or a custom job use an internal wastegate turbo for simple and easy use.

im currently building a starfire for my vh sedan, twin side draught strombergs will boost it later on with custom plentum set up... HAPPY BOOSTING!!!!!!!