Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo/Supercharged 6 or V8

Turbo/Supercharged 6 or V8

• Turbo/Supercharged 6

Votes: 62 40.8%
  • V8

Votes: 86 56.6%
  • None. I like 4 pots

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
when we see this rocket of a car, i'll give you some respect, at least we can see what others are talking about where is you 350rwkw beast? & yours isnt N/A either is it?

your quick to put everyone else down, because of thier cars, but at least they got the guts to show, unlike you, who have shown us nothing of what you speak of
Craig's VT is N/A, its a head and cam package. He has his reason's why his car isn't displayed here, but having seen it I can say it's a tasty bit of gear.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
when we see this rocket of a car, i'll give you some respect, at least we can see what others are talking about where is you 350rwkw beast? & yours isnt N/A either is it?

your quick to put everyone else down, because of thier cars, but at least they got the guts to show, unlike you, who have shown us nothing of what you speak of
opps didn't see airstrikes post....fair enough but still i'd love to see his BA comon minux just 1 photo

Last edited:

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
Craig's VT is N/A, its a head and cam package. He has his reason's why his car isn't displayed here, but having seen it I can say it's a tasty bit of gear.

does that give him the right to put everyone else down?

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
does that give him the right to put everyone else down?
in a way, if i had his cars and the modding experience to go with it, i'd be tellin people how it is to but i don't, so i just get angry and type crap:p

back on topic:

V6 vs V8 Stock form = V8 FTW
V6T vs V8T = V8 FTW
V6s/c vs V8s/c = V8 FTW
V6 vs V8 say $20,000 put into both with same mods = V8 FTW
V6s/c or T vs Stock LS1 = who knows? i don't but i have beaten VLT in a 5L so i'd lean towards the V8 once again...once again not sure but i'd put money on the 8.

now a TTLS2 against TT R34 Godzilla...i'd love to see and in this case my money would be on the skyline unless you convert the HSV to AWD then well you got yourself a right royal beast:D

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
in a way, if i had his cars and the modding experience to go with it, i'd be tellin people how it is to but i don't, so i just get angry and type crap:p

back on topic:

V6 vs V8 Stock form = V8 FTW
V6T vs V8T = V8 FTW
V6s/c vs V8s/c = V8 FTW
V6 vs V8 say $20,000 put into both with same mods = V8 FTW
V6s/c or T vs Stock LS1 = who knows? i don't but i have beaten VLT in a 5L so i'd lean towards the V8 once again...once again not sure but i'd put money on the 8.

now a TTLS2 against TT R34 Godzilla...i'd love to see and in this case my money would be on the skyline unless you convert the HSV to AWD then well you got yourself a right royal beast:D

Just go a TT-LS1 Coupe 4, that'll beat it:yeah:

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
how about a stroked and blown V6 against a V8? :rolleyes:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

I have many reasons for not showing my car, nor do i need to justify whether i put images up or not.
People who know me, know me car.

As for not N/A since when? I have a genTT kit packed up, but i currently run an N/A package.

I haven't put anyone down, i have just stated that if you think a stock 6 with a turbo slapped on it is a weapon then you really havent been in a fast car.

I won't evenbother saying more.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
What about a stroked and blown V8?:yeah:

LOL thats right what you do to a 6, do to an 8 and you'll never have a hope, in OZ 8's are king:thumbsup: btw the only 6 i have respect for is a porche 911 GT and even that is up around the 300K mark which is the rough value of a house...but least you can say your 6 beats most 8's:D :whistling

GLD-086

Reaction score
LOL thats right what you do to a 6, do to an 8 and you'll never have a hope, in OZ 8's are king:thumbsup:

Exactly mate.:thumbsup:

I love my 6 too death, but it sure as sh*t isn't a powerful motor.

I love how most people with 4s and 6s say this.....

"Boost is a replacemnet for displacemnt"

So what about a big displacement motor, with boost forced fed into it?

Lets not forget the fastest car in the world, while not a V8 is a 8.0L Quad Turbo W16 (Bugatti Veyron), and before that was that swedish thing (Can't spell the name), with a twin charged 4.7L V8.:)

Then there's Top Fuel dragsters. Fastest accelerationg cars in the world, and cover the 1/4 Mile in about 4 seconds. What are they powered by again? Yep a Forced V8.:thumbsup:

Last edited: