Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Buick] turbo v6 vr commodore

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
The set I have here have been used, my mate has a turbo VR but needs a rebuild or replacement engine.
Would it be worth giving him these rods and pistons or would that be a waste of time using 2nd hand pistons and rods? If so should he clean the carbon and crap off them before hand?

How would he go about cleaning them?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
they wont fit in an early buick ecotec/l67 have different deck height with different rod and piston combo cant remember which way it is but yeah they're a no go.

You can get forgies for an early buick but really stock pistons are fine (or even hyper's) id be more inclined to looking at better rods or stock rods with shot peening and balancing of bottom end

turbo_vp_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 3.8
Be interested to see how much power it makes. but as for lighting up 1 and 2 gears at 10 psi with no tune. i only just do that and mine is tuned making 178.8 at the wheels on 8 psi. and yes delco i will turn up the boost soon. lol

vps231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS s2,Vp S, 180B SSS Project
so what turbo is that?? a T25G

It looks the same as my t3,Looks to be a vl, z31 300zx(ball bearing) turbo. Maybe Its got a to4 rear housing? t3/4 maybe?

DavoVP

Reaction score
Be interested to see how much power it makes. but as for lighting up 1 and 2 gears at 10 psi with no tune. i only just do that and mine is tuned making 178.8 at the wheels on 8 psi. and yes delco i will turn up the boost soon. lol

I dont know what the hell is wrong with your car, But when the motor was healthy in my NA VP V6 i could do stationary's in 2nd spinning 2x 17's Hell it'd even cut hoops in 2nd.

That's a 5 spd manual with the AUTO 3.08 diff gears.

Now days its lucky to spin one wheel in 1st lol. Long live the buick ! 300xxx km's and alot of abuse will do that to a motor.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
3.08 diff gears come out in both auto and manual buicks

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
some poor bastard goes about putting a turbo on his car good for him and well done for doing it himself. to all the negative comment about him . at least his a doer and not a yapper. and if mr plodd pulls him over he will have to worry about it then .but in the mean time he is out there enjoying it and you aint ya jealous pricks.

MR_JORDZ

Situation
Reaction score
Members Ride
94 csi lexcen VR v6,
I'm will to swao my 20ies 4 a turbo kit 4 my buick, just thought i would throw it out there

VEE-6OK

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 vp commodore/94 vr commodore turbo
vrturbo3.jpg

vrturbo2.jpg

vrturbo1.jpg

vrturbo.jpg

just thought i would update you all on my car, engine is still kickin and have upgraded to lager turbo t70still untuned but have invested in a haltech e6gmx