Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo vp commodore.

turbo_vp_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 3.8
hoping to get to the dyno on Saturday. this car is a daily drive and a burnout car and a drag strip car all in one. lol. thinking i might have to put my spooled 4.11 diff in for a few days for some fun.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Go for 3.9s or under 4.11s might be abit to high. i got 3.9s in my manual and i wish i had 3.7s or 3.45s

turbo_vp_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 3.8
dyno day went well. Car made 178.7 kw ( 250 hp ) at the wheels on 8 psi.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Looks like it will be one hell of a sleeper! If it was mine I wouldn't touch anything cosmetic on the exterior, sleeper all the way!

Good to see someone who takes pride in doing things for themselves and learning along the way. Ten times more satisfying this way!

Keep up the good work!

turbo_vp_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 3.8
Thanks rusty .. I am leaving to car as it is now with standard wheels and all. Just a little scary with only 205/65/15 on the back though. i like the sleeper look. suits it so well.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
lol at the 205's least they are cheap to replace :D i slid round on 215's for ages for that reason.now you need an exhaust and some more boost :p

turbo_vp_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 3.8
mate might be giving me his 3 inch exhaust and will turn the boost up after i fix brakes. no good going fast if i cant stop. lol

turbo_vp_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 3.8
Well brake parts are here now so i can fix that prob up. Might have found a vp flywheel so i might go manual yet. Dyno run is going to happen again soon straight out the dump pipe in drag spec at 12 - 14 psi. should be fun.

turbo_vp_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 3.8
Just a few pic as an update. started doing all the brakes on my car and just thought i would do the master cylinder as well. found a 1 inch cylinder and the booster to go with it from a donor car. also had the v8 front brakes so i grabbed then as well. Have rebuilt the front calipers and the booster now time to start on the back and the master cylinder.

turbo_vp_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 3.8
car is now 90 % done now. just need 1 or 2 more things. v8 brakes are working very very well. pity about the back ones.